UI bug in the Mac client

pervel
pervel
Community Member

There is an non-critical but rather annoying bug in the Mac client related to searching and selecting. It's been there for a long time. I run into it very often. It can be reproduced consistently following these steps:

1. Select any non-empty category in the left pane (e.g. Favourites).
  2. Click to select the search field and type something.
  3. Click to select the same category as in 1.

Result: Search field is cleared, the category is visibly selected but does not show the items of that category. Instead it shows the search result. In order to make it show the correct items, you have to select a different category and then select the original category again.

I believe the expected result is that the search field is cleared and the correct items for the selected category is shown - just as if you had selected it without searching first.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pervel,

Thank you for the detailed report confirming this bug, which I've added to the open issue in our tracker about it. Indeed, the item list should be refreshed after canceling a search by reselecting the current sidebar selection. It can be bothering to me, too, even though minor and easy enough to work around. Sorry for the inconvenience until it's resolved!

ref: OPM-2636

This discussion has been closed.