Any way to use 1Password for iOS with respect to mobile APP??

Options
diitto
diitto
Community Member

Hi, I have a new home security camera made by Amcrest. On the Mac side of the world they have a browser plugin for browsers like Safari and Firefox, and for Google Chrome, rather than a browser plugin, they have a full blown Application (Amcrest Web View Chrome App) that you can download from Google and you run that app, which looks like a mini-browser to access the camera rather than accessing it from within Google Chrome itself. Maybe Chrome doesn't allow plugins??? Likely you know but I don't.

The reason I say all that is because Amcrest appears to have done the same thing on the iOS side of the world. You don't access the camera by doing so from within a standard "browser" like Safari (or I would assume from within the 1Password iOS browser) but you instead appear to have to use (I'm still studying and learning so not yet very knowledgeable) something very similar to what I described above wrt Google Chrome, a full blown iOS Application called Amcrest View Pro.

It would be desirable to be able to view this camera on my iOS device from within the envelope of 1Password on iOS. Is that possible?? My guess is no but maybe you know otherwise??? Can I somehow have 1Password hold the login information for this camera for me, such that 1Password would then launch this app for me???

Bottom line, is there some way to have 1Password store login info for this camera and launch a mobile APP for me??? or can 1Password only be used to hold credentials for its own 1Password "browser"???

Hope I'm asking that in a way that makes sense??? Thoughts???

thanks...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @diitto

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password can fill credentials on iOS in a few different ways:

1) In Safari, or apps that have added support, via our 1Password extension: https://support.1password.com/ios-extension/
    2) Via our built-in browser, 1Browser: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/1browser.html

To use 1Password in 3rd party apps, such as the Amcrest app, the app developer would need to add 1Password support to their app. This is not something we can do for them, but we do provide all of the code and any assistance they need doing so. You can read more about that here:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

There is a link on that page to our GitHub repository for the 1Password extension which has the instructions a developer would need to get started. If you'd like, you can contact Amcrest with this link, and request that they add 1Password support.

Alternatively (or in the mean time) you can copy & paste your credentials from 1Password into the Amcrest app.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.