Syncing in process constantly

anwla
anwla
Community Member

I'm constantly seeing this syncing... what's the problem here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anwla,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing 1Password via iCloud! Thank you for including the screenshot, it's very helpful for us. I'm sure we can help to solve this one way or another.

First, we'll just need to know some more details about your setup:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Did you just start syncing your 1Password data with iCloud for the first time, or have you been using it for a while with no problem until now?
    • What other devices are you syncing with 1Password?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices?
    • Are you having any trouble syncing with iCloud in 1Password on the other devices?
    • Which device has all your latest 1Password information?
    • Do your changes sync to other devices, even though it constantly shows 'syncing'?

Once we hear back from you with that information, we should have a better idea of how to proceed. Thanks in advance! :)

• anwla
    anwla
    Community Member
    • Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    • AgileBits Store version
    • Using it for a while
    • iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Mini 3
    • Once in a while the sync will be slow
    • I believe they all do
    • I believe it does sync I just find it odd
  • Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @anwla! If the sync is working correctly, and the only problem is that you see that spinning wheel and it never shows that the sync is complete, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

But if you'd like to try some troubleshooting to see if you can get that to finally show when the sync completes, you can follow these steps:

• On your Mac, open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Change the sync option from iCloud to None, then click Disable Sync (do not delete data from iCloud).
    • Hold down the control key and go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the menubar (or use the ⌃⌘Q (Control+Command+Q) keyboard shortcut).
    • Restart your Mac.
    • After it restarts, go back to the Sync preferences in 1Password and re-enable iCloud as the sync option.
    • Follow any additional steps to enable iCloud, including signing into your Apple ID when prompted to do so in a website.

Once you've re-enabled iCloud in 1Password, give it a little time to complete the sync. Does it ever seem to finish?

This discussion has been closed.