Why do I keeping getting duplicate password entries when I sync to my account?

heatherh
heatherh
Community Member

I have had 1Password on my Mac for quite some time. I wanted web access so I finally started a family account. I watched the video about how to migrate data from my mac to my account. I decided to copy the two rather than move it so I could have it on my device application and not have to use the web-based account every time I wanted to access a password. But now I am getting duplicates of all my login password entries. I tried deleting one but that deleted them off my account. Please advise!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:duplicate, kb:undefined, kb-search:duplicate passwords on my device

Comments

• Hi @heatherh! Glad to hear you got a 1Password account set up. It sounds like the duplicates could be caused by the old vault still being in your account. The final step in our migration guide is to remove your old vault:

Once your data has been migrated to an account, the old vault is no longer necessary. Sign in to 1Password.com and check your account to make sure things have migrated. If they have, you can remove your old vault by switching to it and choosing 1Password > Delete Vault.

Have you done that? :)

• heatherh
    heatherh
    Community Member

I did not see anything about removing a vault. Which one? How?

• heatherh
    heatherh
    Community Member

Ok, I see how. But which one is my "old vault"?

• @heatherh That is a great question. I'm sorry the guide isn't clearer on it. Your old vault is the one named Primary. Switch to it and choose 1Password -> Delete Vault from the menu bar. Let us know how that goes!

• heatherh
    heatherh
    Community Member

That was exactly what I needed to do! Thank you and yes, I think that last little tidbit about deleting vaults should be added to the migration instructions. I followed the instructions on the YouTube video, not written instructions. The video was AWESOME, super clear and light and easy to follow. But she shows us how to move, not copy, everything in her vault so she did not need to delete a primary vault so that part wasn't in there. Thanks for your help. I think I am all set, and I am relieved to have everything online now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heatherh

On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome! And thank you very much for you kind words, I'll make sure our documentation team hears about it :chuffed: I'm glad that 1Password is all set up for you, I hope that everything goes smoothly from now on but if you happen to need help with anything else we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.