Wrong Master Password after iPhone Restore

Options
spiffy
spiffy
Community Member
edited October 2016 in iOS

Hi,
after having restored my iPhone to make a clean installation of iOS 10 I was not able to recover my data from iCloud due to wrong master password.t I am really sure that my password isn't wrong because I always use the same one for important things.During the last months I always use touchID so it should have happened something wrong during 1password updates from app store.
Could you help me to find a solution?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @spiffy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. Please check out this guide:

Change or recover your Master Password

The only way into a standalone 1Password vault is with the correct Master Password.

Ben

• spiffy
    spiffy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    thanks for your answer...I am pretty sure that my password is not wrong...one year ago I was able to use 1password for MAC without problem...is it possible that during the various ios upgrades something messed up with the encryption of the data file?

Is it possible to download an older version of 1password for mac in order to try what I did 1 year ago?

• Ben
    Options

Updates to 1Password do not generally change anything with your data file. It has been quite some time since we've made any changes in that regard. And even when we had made changes, this would be the only report that I'd have heard of an update somehow corrupting things such that a Master Password would not work.

You can certainly download 1Password for Mac and see what happens with that. If you need an older version for some reason they are all available here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.