I am trying to sync my Iphone 6 via WLAN Server to 1Password. Can't find secret on computer to sync

pforte
pforte
Community Member

I have followed all the instructions in order to sync my phone to 1 password. I have no idea what the secret is, nor where to find it, on my computer?? I have tried typing on the small numbers which appear under the name of my hard drive, but that doesn't work. In fact it says on my phone that there is no secret set. Thus my query - ??????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10p\
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to sync my Iphone 6 via WLAN Server to 1Password. Can't find secret on computer to sync

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pforte,

Thanks for contacting us, and welcome to the forum! Sorry you're having some trouble setting up WLAN server syncing.

Since you've posted in the Mac Beta category, I'll guess you're trying to get it working between 1Password on your Mac and iPhone (that you did mention).

When following instructions for how to use the WLAN server on your iPhone, the secret code will be shown in WLAN Server Preferences on your Mac, similar to this:

I hope this helps. :)

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server after that, please let us know some details about where you're stuck and exactly which versions of 1Password you're running. Thanks!

• pforte
    pforte
    Community Member

Good morning/afternoon,

Thank you for your comment. I realised before your comment came through that I was trying to set up more devices than allowed through WLAN, so I have them set up through iCloud now. Thanks for your help anyway. Cheers

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Good day, @pforte.

I realised before your comment came through that I was trying to set up more devices than allowed through WLAN

Sounds like you spotted the Notes about that in How to use the WLAN server or somewhere else.

so I have them set up through iCloud now.

Glad to hear you've got syncing with iCloud working between all your devices. :+1:

Thanks for your help anyway. Cheers

Happy to help not helping. :lol:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.