To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Want to sync with 1password.com

Options
randyd
randyd
Community Member

Loaded old pw from pwsafe, used gorella, numbers to eliminate columns, then imported cvs file with 1pw on Mac
These pws don't show up anywhere except the Mac. Using trial, but put in credit card for $2.99 per month.
Your info says pws will simply show up, when?
Thank you.
Take care, RANDY

1Password Version: 6.2 on mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hi @randyd! Welcome to our forum, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry for the confusion about sync with a 1Password account. I checked your account and there are 3 items in it, so it sounds like your previous passwords were imported into a vault that is outside your account. Let's sort that our by moving them to your account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once you do that, your data will sync with the account and any device you sign in to your account with will have all your passwords automatically. Let us know how it goes! :)

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I have the items all in my primary on the mac.
    The primary is empty on the iPad.
    There is a sync option for iCloud, dropbox, and a file, but not for 1password?
    I need more coaching, please.
    take care,
    Randy

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @randyd

I'm sorry that this process has been a bit cumbersome, but we'll get 1Password set up together in no time :chuffed: The first step is to go to your Mac and move all the items from Primary into your Personal vault. The link that Jacob gave you has detailed instruction but the gist of it is: go to your personal vault and select all your item, then right click on them, click on Share > Personal > Move.

Once you've tried this, please let us know how it goes and what you see on your different devices :chuffed:

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

OK, Now I have something called "personal" on the mac with my items duplicated, 5561 items instead of 200+. Is there a way to get rid of the duplicates?
    On my iPad it is not called "personal", but the original import name of "othercsv-import-10/9/16".

This cannot be that hard to understand, what is going on?

Thanks, Randy

• @randyd Sorry about that. You have 5561 items in there now? That's much more than duplicate, and something I would like to look into further. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry duplicated is correct, i guess my finger double touched 561, each is duplicated in its place.
    E.g.
    Xx
    Xx
    Yy
    Yy
    Etc.
    Take care, randy
    I can delete these individually, but thought there might be an easier way.
    The confusion for me now is still how the values work, and which are synced
    Automatically with the online account. Maybe you could point me to better explanations?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @randyd

Thank you for the update, duplicates for everything is much easier to troubleshoot than 5000 items ;) I'm curious about what exactly happened to you and I have a hunch ;) If you go to the top left corner you'll be able to see something that says either: "All vaults" or "Personal Vault" or "Principal Vault"... something along those lines. If you click there you'll have a few options. Can you please check if you are seeing duplicates on the "All vaults view"? If that's the case, can you please go to Personal and then Primary and tell me whether you see the items on each of those vaults and what is their configuration? This will help us find the best solution for you!

There are two different kinds of vaults: local and account vaults. For local vaults your data will nor be synced automatically: the vault called Primary is always local. The accounts that are part of your account are synced automatically and are shown under the name of the account. The vault Personal is always part of the Account.

I hope that this helps you clear things up, and I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get 1Password ready for you :chuffed:

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

Ok,
    Primary o items,
    Categories logins, credit cards, identies
    Personal vault
    551 items
    550 logins, 1 credit card
    This is after I selected primary or personal vault and then selected the double file cabinet icon.
    Thanks again,
    Randy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@randyd: It sounds like maybe you Copied the items over from the Primary vault to your Personal vault...and then Moved them, thinking it hadn't worked the first time. At least, that's my guess, based on your description.

I think, however, that there may be a simple solution. Since 1Password automatically saves backups for your local vaults, you should be able to restore from one, delete the data from your Personal vault, and then move everything over so there's just one of each item. Just make sure you update 1Password first.

Have you added new information to your Personal vault that was never a part of your Primary vault? If not, then open 1Password and go to File > Restore. You'll see a list of backups with dates and item counts. What you're looking for is the one before you moved everything to Personal, so your Primary vault still has the 500 or so items in it.

Once you restore it, verify the data in Primary, then delete the data in your Personal vault, and Move everything over from Primary to Personal, and you should be all set.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have worked in what we used to call dP, _please listen_.
    1. I am sticking with your 1password.
    2. To encourage others to do the same, your need to:
    3. Immediately define the various vaults and how they work in simple terms. this is one of the first things a new user should see.
    4. the minimum, cut the confusion on syncing. You hint that the best solution is just to use your servers
    5. and let the servers backup, again straighten out the vaults, simpliy.

I want many people using your 1password, so simplify and document, please...

You told told me to restore, I am on my iMac. I did that.
    Now I am looking at "all items", no vaults shown?
    OK, in perferences I see a Primary vault. no others.
    No indication that the primary vault is not synced with your servers, which I now think is true.
    No indication that I need a "personal" vault, which I think I do, to sync with your servers.
    Come on guys lets get this spiffed up.
    and get back to me immediately, for further steps on the restore, e.g. creat personal vault, name?, etc.
    take care, Randy

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

OK, on my iPad, I still see the personal vault. but not on the iMac.
    Could you guys please get back to me....

• randyd
    randyd
    Community Member
    Options

OK, time, 3 weeks I am gone, please refund money and destroy my account. thank you, Randy

• @randyd I'm sorry we've reached this point in the road. We'd be happy to work things out. Let's take the conversation to email so we can discuss your account details. Please send us a message at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread. Post back here once you send the message, and include the BitBot confirmation number you receive so we can connect the conversations. Thank you, and talk to you soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.