How can I solve issue with apparent corrupt app?

felipej231
felipej231
Community Member

Hello, I am getting the following error on my mac: "“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store." I have already tried both solutions posted in one of the threads (i.e. 1. reboot and 2. sign out of app store). If I were to download the app will the app store charge me? How can I solve this isse?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.16
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @felipej231! Sorry for the trouble with the app. There was an issue with App Store certificates a little while back which affected a number of apps. It has since been resolved by Apple, so you may be able to get it to work simply by rebooting. Otherwise you may need to sign out of the App Store completely or reinstall the app. Learn more about this issue:

Mac App Store: App damaged / prompted for Apple ID

Let us know if that helps get things resolved. :)

• felipej231
    felipej231
    Community Member

Hello Jacob, I already tried both of those things and the app is still not working. I continue to get the same message. Is there anything else I can try?

• @felipej231 To be clear, you also tried reinstalling the app? By this, I don't mean remove the app data where your passwords are stored, just the app itself. You can find it in your Applications folder. Drag that to the Trash, don't use an app cleaner or anything fancy. Then sign out of the App Store, sign back in, and install the app once more. Does that work?

• felipej231
    felipej231
    Community Member

Jacob, this might be a little obvious, but won't the apple store charge me again to download the app and reinstall?

• @felipej231 It's okay. Definitely worth asking. :) Installing the app again is free of charge if you already purchased it. Here's what I'd recommend after removing the app:

1. Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password
    2. Switch to the Purchases tab
    3. Click the Install button beside 1Password

Let us know how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.