integration with Outlook for Mac?

buckZor
buckZor
Community Member

I am unable to click on shared 1Password links within Outlook for Mac. I just get the email body with text of "onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdG..etc..". Is this some integration problem that I need to fix?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @buckZor,

I'm so sorry it took so long for us to reply here! Thank you for writing in with your question about the shared 1Password link in Outlook.

If that link isn't clickable in the email message in Outlook, it's most likely a formatting issue in the email itself, or it could be that Outlook just doesn't support the onepassword:// custom URL scheme. 1Password registers that URL scheme with the system so that links using that scheme will open 1Password, but unfortunately we have no control over whether or not other apps display it as a clickable link.

Are you able to check that email account from a website? If so, you can try viewing that email message from the website to see if you can click on the link there. If you aren't able to do that, you should be able to copy & paste the URL into another app. For example, if I copy a 1Password link and paste it into a TextEdit file, then hit return/enter, the link becomes clickable. That should work in various other apps, too.

Does that help? Please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.