Incorrect sign in address on mac

Options
wsmith74
wsmith74
Community Member

We changed our sign in address on our family account. Unfortunately, whenever try to login with the MAC app, it has the old sign in account and won't let us sign in ( on my wife computer, mine works fine). We have deleted and reinstalled the MAC app from your website several times and used the QR code that we just downloaded and it still sticks with the old sign-in address. When I tried to add her account using the + button, it told me this account was already added but it still has the old (and now defunct sign in). How do we change this.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changing the sign in address

Comments

• wsmith74
    wsmith74
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it!

Even though I had deleted the app, I needed to do the full start over. Used this: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/ and I got it up and running.

• Good afternoon @wsmith74! First off let me say that I'm glad you were able to get things up and running with a fresh install of the application. One of the things I'd be interested to know is how long ago you changed the sign in address of your family account. 1Password for Mac (and iOS for that matter) should automatically detect and update the sign in address of your account, but if the app has been out of contact with the server for more than 30 days since the address change it won't be able to do the changeover.

Also, did you create this family account from an individual account?

Thanks for getting in touch!

• wsmith74
    wsmith74
    Community Member
    Options

It was only about 14 days ago. Originally we were in the free trial period. I changed the sign in address right before giving my credit card and signing up.

• Good morning @wsmith74! Thanks for the extra information, that helps narrow things down. The last thing I would ask for, if you wouldn't mind, would be a diagnostic report from your machine. Even though you started over there should have been logs that were preserved from when you were having the trouble. Here are the directions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

That should be all I need from you. Thanks for your help!

This discussion has been closed.