OS X 10.11.6 and IOS 9.3.5 Sync result in different number of records on devices

caysnowman
caysnowman
Community Member

I'm syncing a MBP (1 Password 6.3.3) with iPhone 4s iOS 9.3.5 and iPad Pro jr iOS 10.0.2. Since installing the iPad Pro recently I am finding that when I do a WLAN sync the number of entries in the IOS categories are the same for both devices but they differ from the OS X. I have tried to sync a number of times and the results are the same. The number of OS X records do not change and the number of IOS records do not change but they don't agree.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:OS X 10.11.6 and IOS 9.3.5 Sync with 1Passport 6.3.3 (633000) result in different number of records on devices

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @caysnowman,

I'm sorry for our delayed response! If you're still having trouble syncing via WLAN Server, we'll be happy to help you with that.

Can you please let us know a few more details about your setup and the problem:

• What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone and on your iPad?
    • Was this working correctly before you started syncing 1Password with your iPad Pro? Or do you mean you just didn't notice it before?
    • Do you have multiple vaults in 1Password on your Mac? If so, are you syncing all or just some of them with your iOS devices?
    • If you add a new item to 1Password on your Mac, does it sync to your iPhone and/or iPad?
    • If you add a new item to 1Password on your iPhone or iPad, does it sync to your Mac?
    • Do you know if there are specific items that you're missing on your Mac or your iOS devices? Is it possible all the items are syncing correctly but the item count is showing the wrong number?
    • If you reboot your Mac and iOS devices and sync again, does the item count match or do you have the same problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

• caysnowman
    caysnowman
    Community Member

I have 9.3.5 on iPhone 4s, 10.0.2 on iPad Pro jr, // I always check the total of the different categories after each sync // No multiple vaults // Added a Secure Note to the iPhone this afternoon and it did sync to the iPad Pro // It also was added to my Mac // Well Drew, do you find it always is the last thing you try that works? I rebooted all of the devices and found the categories do match. Must have loosened up a couple of stuck electrons with the boots : -). Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Bill

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @caysnowman,

The good ol' turn it off and on again trick :lol: You have to love computers when that can still be a reasonable solution :tongue: Do let us know if you see the problem return.

This discussion has been closed.