Mac Sierra 1Password 6.3.3 Update Problem

jkmoz
jkmoz
Community Member

Mac is updated to Sierra 10.12, 1Password asked to update to 6.3.3. Once initiated stays in "extracting" mode and will not progress any further. Waited 20 minutes and nothing. Tried restart and reload. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @jkmoz! Sorry for the trouble. Please reboot your Mac and try installing the update once more. If that doesn't work, we'd like to get a better idea of what the issue is. Create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac for us to get a fuller picture.

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jkmoz
    jkmoz
    Community Member

I rebooted and tried again today and it worked. Thank you.

Interesting that I tried the same thing yesterday with no results. Do updates come from an Agilbits server when downloading and extracting? Maybe today was a good day.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad it started working after you rebooted! I don't know why a reboot wouldn't have helped yesterday, but it's possible there was a temporary issues with one of our CDN providers (although I haven't seen this reported by other customers). It's not the sort of issue that should normally happen, so chances are you won't run into it again with future updates. But if you do, please let us know and we'll be happy to look further into it.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. Cheers! :)

• Olcay
    Olcay
    Community Member

Good Evening,

i also have problems by updating my 1Password 6.3.3. Mac Software. I'm using Sierra 10.12..
    System Reboot doesn't help. I think there's a problem with the Update-Server – because i couldn't open any Update link. For example: https://app-updates.agilebits.com

• Olcay
    Olcay
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi,

i've also generated an Diagnostic Report - please check this issue. I send it on October 21, 2016 at 4:20 PM.

My Support ID is [#LAN-45261-755]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Olcay

Thank you very much for sending us the Diagnostics Report. We have received it and we'll be in touch with you soon. We'll continue the conversation over email, have a great day! :chuffed:

ref: #LAN-45261-755

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Re: 1Password6 vers 5.3 Update hiccups?

Notification:“ 1Password for Mac 6.3.5 is now available.
    6.3.5 (build #635001) . . .

There have been 3 updates since you last updated.

Default: "We released a new version of 1Password earlier this week
    and we've been hearing from you that there are a few rough edges.
    This update should grind those pointy bits down and make those
    rough edges more round. Thank you to everyone who provided
    their feedback! “

I never had any problem of any kind since 2015 purchase.
    From time to time I tweak for any updates and nothing.
    I got the above notification pop-up a week ago. I followed
    prompts to no avail - failed update & still showing the
    6.3.2 version. After the 4th try, it finally downloaded the latest.

So it's not that updates were ignored . . . there is no notification
    and update hiccups maybe at fault.

Any suggestions? Or is this a problem at Agilebits that needs attention?

Thank you.
    glow259

27" 5K Ret iMac Desktop
    MacOS Sierra 10.12

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member

I tweaked the update again and attached is a screenshot of the version.
    There is something wrong here . . . This 6.3.5 (build #635001) should
    show, right? Thank you for your immediate assistance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@glow259: Thanks for following up! I'm glad you were able to get the latest version. There's nothing else that needs to be done. Depending on the region and ISP, there was some delay in everyone getting the certificate issues straightened out (which would prevent a secure connection from being established, and therefore prevent the update). It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member

Thank you brenty for your reply, looking at the screenshot again,
    why does it show 1Password 5 version 5.3, instead of the new 6.3.5?
    I do not understand this. I checked the version again just now and it's still showing
    5.3 per above. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glow259: You appear to be viewing a Software License you saved in 1Password for 1Password version 5.3 — likely the current version at the time you saved it in your vault. I was relieved that your email address was covered by the popup window! You can find the actual version of the app you're using in the About box. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.