I have 1 password on my mac and want to sync w iOS. I have downloaded App and cannot find QR code

Gappelhof
Gappelhof
Community Member

ugh.. bought this a few years ago and have never figured out how to sync w my iphone

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gappelhof,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble trying to sync your 1Password data to your iOS device! I can definitely help you out with that.

I have downloaded App and cannot find QR code

The QR code is something you would have if you signed up for a 1Password.com account, which is a subscription service we started offering earlier this year. When you opened 1Password on your iOS device, it sounds like you chose the option to sign into an account, but if you didn't sign up for an account, that just means you need to go back and choose a different option.

If you bought 1Password for Mac a few years ago, you have a license. You can find some information about the difference between accounts and licenses here: The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

The easiest way to sync 1Password data between different devices is with a 1Password account - but if you don't want to sign up for an account, there are other options for syncing your 1Password data, including iCloud, Dropbox, and WLAN Server. We explain all of your sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

Once you've set up one of the sync options in 1Password on your Mac, you can set up 1Password for iOS by choosing that same option during the setup. We have more information about setting up the iOS app in this knowledgebase article: Set up 1Password on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Does that help? Please let us know if you have more questions about any of that or if you need help to set up one of the sync options. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.