Every time I try to log-in on newly installed app (version 6.3.3) for Mac, the app crashes.

musicmanryann
musicmanryann
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

See Title. I cannot use the app because it crashes every time I log-in. I have attempted multiple installs. I have an iMac 27-inch late 2009 model, running Sierra.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Chrome and Safari and Firefox
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app crashes when i try to log-in

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @musicmanryann,

I'm sorry 1Password keeps crashing on your Mac! We'll help you to solve this one way or another.

I cannot use the app because it crashes every time I log-in.

When you say "log-in", do you mean you're trying to sign into a 1Password.com account during setup (or from the Preferences window), or do you simply mean you're trying to enter your master password on the lock screen?

If you're trying to unlock it with your master password, does the crash happen when trying to unlock the main 1Password app, or 1Password mini / browser extension, or both?

It will also help if you can let us know a few more details:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Is this the first time you've tried to use 1Password on that Mac, or was it previously working?
    • If it was previously working on your Mac, when did the crashes start to happen? Was it after the update for version 6.3.3? Or was it after installing Sierra? Or something else?
    • Please reboot your Mac, and once it restarts, try 1Password again - does it work, or does it crash again?
    • Is the 1Password app located in the Applications folder?

Thanks in advance! :)

• musicmanryann
    musicmanryann
    Community Member

Hey Drew, thanks for the follow up. No worries! I apologize, I should have been a little more clear in my first message.

"When you say "log-in", do you mean you're trying to sign into a 1Password.com account during setup (or from the Preferences window), or do you simply mean you're trying to enter your master password on the lock screen?"

This is during set-up, when the program is being opened for the first time. I use the QR reader to scan my Emergency sheet QR code for all the credentials, enter the Master Password manually, hit enter, the app crashes.

If you're trying to unlock it with your master password, does the crash happen when trying to unlock the main 1Password app, or 1Password mini / browser extension, or both?

The main password app on my iMac. The browser extension works, although I cannot access it as it wants me to open the app first.

The app works brilliantly on my windows 10 pc, my iphones, and ipads.

**It will also help if you can let us know a few more details:

Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?**

My first install was Agile Bits version taken from the website link when you click on on the online "checklist" during the initial online account setup. https://username.1password.com/apps. My latest was from this link, just to be sure:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4#v633001

I also looked in to the Mac App store version once that didn't work but did not download as it stated it was $64 (I guessing that was for the one time version and I am looking for subscription).

Is this the first time you've tried to use 1Password on that Mac, or was it previously working?

First time, for any device ever. I am attempting to setup my family and I I for the first time on 1password, after storing all our passwords on notepad for years, lol.

If it was previously working on your Mac, when did the crashes start to happen? Was it after the update for version 6.3.3? Or was it after installing Sierra? Or something else?

Not applicable. This is a new install by a new customer.

Please reboot your Mac, and once it restarts, try 1Password again - does it work, or does it crash again?
    Is the 1Password app located in the Applications folder?

I have tried multiple reboots and multiple installs. The app is located in the Applications folder.

Thanks for all your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @musicmanryann! I asked one of our developers about this, and he's looking into why that crash might be happening. He also had an idea: Instead of hitting 'enter' on your keyboard after typing your master password, try clicking the button to sign in. Does it still crash when clicking the button instead of using your keyboard?

This discussion has been closed.