A bug(?) in the win beta and a sync error

Options
tylex
tylex
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have an 1password.com personal account and I noticed the second time now that for some reason a login suddenly disappeared. I have no idea why but this second time was the login data for this forum... (what irony, right?)

The second thing is that I see several refused connections to the helper, but I cannot open the file path. I am now in doubt if this some malware problem? I do not think so, but I want to check what it was, can I do this anyhow?

The last thing is that sometimes the urls are not matched. If I search for the entry and click it, it's getting filled. Strange behavior.

Thanks for your help in advance.

1Password Version: 6.0.252d
Extension Version: 6.4.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Hi @tylex,

Thanks for writing in.

That's very concerning, your data should not be disappearing. Is it disappearing from all of your 1Password apps that's connected to your 1Password.com account or just the Windows app? In other words, is the data still there on 1Password.com web app?

Did it disappear from the 1Password mini only or is it still there in the main 1Password window?

As for your refused connection list, that is our history of every connection attempt that has been denied by 1Password based on failed code signature checks, unsigned browser builds and so on. It's a security measure to ensure you don't use a browser that may not be what you think it is. However, this measure does have some false positives, it is mostly caused by an anti-malware solution preventing us from verifying the browser's process and its code signature.

Can you tell me the following:

1. What kind of anti-malware solution are you using on the PC?
    2. Are you up to date on Windows 10, is the Anniversary Update installed?
  • tylex
    tylex
    Community Member
    Options

It is disappearing from the account, even in the web view.

McAfee AntiVirus Ent. 8.8
    No anniversary update as this notebook is used for my work too, and in the domain the anniversary update is not published yet due to some incompatibilities with our software.

• Hi @tylex,

Can you send us your 1Password diagnostics log, so we can see what's going on the PC first.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Also, can you email us from your 1Password.com account's email address, so we can confirm it is your account and we can ask you more questions about it.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• tylex
    tylex
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I've sent the mail.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tylex: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the logs and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: GDE-65349-294

This discussion has been closed.