Forgot vault password

greenmang0
greenmang0
Community Member

Hi,

I am using 1password standalone on Mac. I forgot one of my vault's password, how do I recover / change it and import the vault?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greenmang0

I'm very sorry to hear that you've forgotten your Master Password! I hope that you find a way to recover it. We do not store your Master Password, so we can't reset it or recover it for you :( The first thing that you have to do is go through this guide that will help you get this sorted out :https://support.1password.com/master-password/

Please let us know if this helps and if you're able to recover your Master Password. If you still can't remember it please let us so we can help you sort it out the best way possible :chuffed:

• greenmang0
    greenmang0
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar

Thank you for the reply. I do have my master password with me, it's the vault password that I lost. I have two vaults. One I use to store personal accounts and another one I store official accounts. I forgot office vault's password.

• Hi @greenmang0,

Unfortunately, vault passwords aren't something we store or have access to, so we can't reset or recover it. Do you happen to have a previous system backup where that second vault was opened in 1Password?

Rudy

• greenmang0
    greenmang0
    Community Member

Nope, I deleted my backup folder by mistake.

• greenmang0
    greenmang0
    Community Member

I could finally recall the password based on the password hint. Thanks for the all the help though, please close the ticket. :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greenmang0

That's just great news! :lol: Forgetting a Master Password is always a scary situation to be in, but I'm so glad to hear you were able to recover it! I hope that everything goes well for you with 1Password from now on, but we're here for you any time you need our help!

This discussion has been closed.