Different master passwords on Imac and Iphone

Options
John_Hooper
John_Hooper
Community Member

I recently changed my master password using my iMac. But when I tried to log in to 1Password using the new password on my Iphone (6S) it would not accept it. It does, however, accept the old one. Why are they not synching? And could this have to do with another quirk: the only vault on my Imac is named Primary. But on the iPhone there are two vaults. One, called Primary, is redundant. The other, which is the one that synchs with the Imac is called 1Password. Weird, I think you will agree.

1Password Version: 6.3.3 (633001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@John_Hooper after you change your 1Password master password on your iMac you still have to open 1Password on your iPhone initially using the old master password. That's because the new master password won't yet have had the chance to sync to your iPhone. Once you've done that, and the sync has taken place, you should be able to unlock 1Password on your iPhone using the new master password.

As to the vaults issue you probably need to check on your iMac to see which vaults you've chosen to sync via Dropbox. Go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync and check each vault there.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in here @Stephen_C. @John_Hooper I hope Stephen's advice is helpful. :) Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Ben

• John_Hooper
    John_Hooper
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Stephen_C, Ben, but I've already done that. The new password just isn't coming through to the iPhone. I've checked the vault that is synching on the iMac and it is just the one (which has a different name on the iPhone!). So I've transferred the logins in the other vault to it. All I need to do now in that respect is to delete the redundant vault. But I can't see a way to delete a vault. Am I missing something?

• Ben
    Options

@John_Hooper,

Do you have any information that exists on the iPhone but not on the Mac? If not I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password for iOS ( http://j.mp/1PasCS ) and setting up syncing again on the iPhone.

Ben

• John_Hooper
    John_Hooper
    Community Member
    Options

No. It's all on the Mac. So that sounds like a good idea, Ben. Just on the other point, is there any way to get rid of the other vault on the iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

Yep, reinstalling 1Password for iOS will do that. Uninstalling the iOS app removes all data from it, which is why I asked if you had any data that existed only there. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.