Trying to switch to Firefox - 1P logins work in safari but rejected when I use firefox as browser

Options

Have used 1P since it came out, always with safari as my default browser - everything works great across all devices. Not happy with cookies in safari so am trying to switch over to firefox - when I set firefox as my default browser, launch 1P and select a login for my bank, the credentials get filled in but the bank says they are incorrect. If I switch back to safari as the default, and do the same thing, the bank accepts the credentials no problem. I'm not very familiar with firefox yet, so maybe there is a setting I need to change?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox logins rejected

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mwoeller

That's for sure a weird issue that you've bumped into! I'm going to move your question to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better, I hope you don't mind.

The "brain" that sorts out how to fill in logins is the same for all browsers, so I'd like to know what's going on here :chuffed: Could you please give us the URL of the site causing trouble as well as some details like the version of 1Password, OS, the 1Password extension as well as Firefox? This will let us have a better picture of what's going on.

• mwoeller
    mwoeller
    Community Member
    Options

So it looks like you need to add the 1P extension to ff, before it will work natively from within 1 Password. I did this and, re-tried logging into web sites directly from inside 1P and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for looking into this - I am enough of a neophyte with this stuff to be dangerous.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mwoeller Ah, yes, you do need to add the extension separately to each browser. It sounds like maybe you used Firefox a long time ago and Firefox saved the password. If you have had a password change since then, that would explain why you were getting the failed sign in attempts.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• mwoeller
    mwoeller
    Community Member
    Options

As an aside. I've been using 1Password for some time now. It is in the top 2 of my most useful apps. Keep up the great work folks - people really appreciate it.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aww, that's so nice, @mwoeller! Thanks so much for the kind words! If you haven't yet, it'd be most helpful if you leave a rating and review on whatever App Store you use to share your thoughts with other users. :)

This discussion has been closed.