Safari can not install this extension. MacOS Sierra.

hodahle
hodahle
Community Member

After updating to MacOS Sierra and then converting my two disks (SSD and HDD) to a fusion disk, I am not able to install the extension in Safari.
Safari is at 10.0. I have tried both the Agilebits and App store options.
The file 1Password-4.6.1.safariextz is downloaded, I double click, the Extensions window pops up, I click Trust, then I get this error message.
My admin rights are set to 'Allow user to administer this computer'.¨
The extension installed as normal in Chrome and Firefox.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hodahle

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having to install the extension on Sierra. Which version of Safari are you using? Could you please try updating Safari and then try again to install the extension? I'd also recommend you to restart your computer and try again to install it :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you, if the extension is installed again or if we need to dig a bit deeper :chuffed:

• hodahle
    hodahle
    Community Member

Thank you Pilar, all that was needed was a restart. After the restart, the extension shows up as installed both on the tools bar and in the preferences extensions tab. Sorry for bothering you when the solution was so simple.

• Hi @hodahle,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get it working. Safari does seem to have a couple weird install scenarios where it won't let the extension install, but its good to know that restarting was able to resolve at least one of them.

Rudy

• SailBad
    SailBad
    Community Member

I had a similar problem ,removing the old The extension fixed this.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SailBad

Thank you for letting us know what worked for you :chuffed: I hope that everything works well with 1Password and the extension for you from now!

This discussion has been closed.