How do I prevent the "Show X More Categories" in the Mac menu bar?

Squid_Listener
Squid_Listener
Community Member

Hello!

Overall, I'm happy with 1P, but find myself repeatedly frustrated after several times per day wanting to access certain passwords and always have to click "Show X More Categories". (See attached.) How do I change this behavior so it simply displays all my categories to begin with?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:mini show all categories

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Squid_Listener

Thank you for letting us know what you would like to see in 1Password :chuffed: Right now, there is now way to have all the categories show automatically on the browser extension but you can see them all right away on the main app. I can't promise you when or if we'll be able to add this to 1Password, but you're not the first one to ask and we have this in mind!

• Squid_Listener
    Squid_Listener
    Community Member

Hi Pilar

Thanks for the fast response.

Wow. I'm surprised that something so simple and impactful in daily usage can't be changed. Everything else seems so thoughtfully designed.

In that case, is there some way at least to specify which 5 categories appear?

(Obviously opening the app is much slower than clicking 'Show More Categories', defeating the purpose of the browser extension and menu bar dropdown which are fast and aware of the URL I am at.)

Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Squid_Listener

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know how important this is for you :chuffed: Right now there's no way to alter which categories are shown by default. I'm sorry that right now we don't have a better answer for you, but we're always working to improve 1Password and we always do our best to listen to what you all think, like and want from 1Password so I hope we're able to implement this sometime :chuffed:

• Squid_Listener
    Squid_Listener
    Community Member

Hi Pilar

Thanks for your kind reply.

For the benefit of anyone who may search this thread in the future, actually I discovered a way to alter the default categories.

Within the main 1Password app, simply drag the categories in the left sidebar to arrange how you want, then quit the app. The five categories you position at the top of this list are the same five that will appear in the browser extension, and in the menu bar.

Not a perfect solution, but for the time being at least this lets you position the five categories you use most often so they appear without having to click 'Show X More Categories'.

Cheers!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome!

Thanks for following up to describe the method you found to choose which categories are listed first in 1Password mini. I just wanted to clarify that the order of categories can be changed in local/standalone vaults, but cannot currently be changed in the All Vaults view or in vaults that are part of a 1Password.com account.

Sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to ask - we're always glad to help. Have a great weekend! :)

• bjkkemp
    bjkkemp
    Community Member

Please add my vote to provide the feature where "show x more items" is not needed...where it will show all appropriate entries without the extra click!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for writing in to let us know you're also interested in that! I'll add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know. :)

ref: OPM-3764

This discussion has been closed.