items from the same vault not showing up on one computer even though dropbox is fully synced

dikkedimi
dikkedimi
Community Member

I have two computers
both are running dropbox on the same account
both 1password and dropbox are up-to-date
dropbox is fully synced
on my main computer (mac mini) the items show up.
on my macbook pro (where I migrated the user account from the mac mini to), items don't show up. Only the new items I've saved since then show up.
these newly saved items also show up on my mac mini (so dropbox sync works).
if I create a new login on my mac mini, they also show up on the macbook. (so dropbox is not the culprit, guaranteed)

so far I've tried:

• deleting the 1password vault, so it is removed by dropbox from both computers, then restoring it via dropbox.com, after emptying the trash. > Did not fix the issue
  • Uninstalling 1password using AppCleaner, then reinstalling, configuring it so it uses dropbox for the already found data. > No fix.
  • pausing sync, resuming sync (dropbox) > no solution.

I can't figure out what's the problem, and google doesn't offer results for the query "1password not showing items".
I am running the latest version of El Capitan (can't upgrade to sierra yet, because of a lack of compatibility with my audio plugins).

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4,6,1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:items not showing

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dikkedimi

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing 1Password. It sounds like you've gone through all the first troubleshooting ideas so we need to take a more detailed look into your configuration. For that I would like to ask you to please generate a Diagnostics Report from both computer so we can see what might be going on :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• dikkedimi
    dikkedimi
    Community Member

Hi Pilar, thanks for responding so rapidly! my support ID is QVC-27794-734

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome @dikkedimi, on behalf of @Pilar. :)

We received your email with both diagnostics reports - thanks for sending those in. We'll look them over and get back to you as soon as possible with suggestions how to get syncing with Dropbox working properly between your two Macs.

ref: QVC-27794-734

This discussion has been closed.