1Password Families on Mac: field names not localized

boboAgile
boboAgile
Community Member

When I create a new wireless router item in 1Password for Mac in a vault that is part of our 1Password family account, I get an item with English (instead of German) field names. If I create it in my primary vault (stored in Dropobox) new items have localized field names as always.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Pw Account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @boboAgile

Thank you for taking some time to write to us. You are right, 1Password Families (actually, accounts in general) has not yet been localized. As you probably know this is a new way to use 1Password and while we're working hard to improve it every day, we are not quite there for localizations yet. We're aware and working to improve 1Password, and to make it easier to use in more languages. We hope to have this ready soon! Meanwhile, I'm sorry for any inconveniences that this might cause :chuffed:

• boboAgile
    boboAgile
    Community Member

Ok. The problem is that we non-English speakers create more an more entries with English field names now. I guess they cannot be translated automatically when the translations are available, can they?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

Hi @boboAgile

I don't know for sure and can't tell you for a fact how our developers will fix this and how it will affect the older data, but I think the fields will be updated automatically. Right now, if I change the language of my computer, the field names appear in the target language. They then come back to English when I change my computer back. I think it's possible this behavior will be extended to the accounts, but we won't know for sure until it's been implemented :chuffed:

• Bob_UW_LLC
    Bob_UW_LLC
    Community Member

Pili,

I'm @BobAgile, but the thread was started by @boboAgile (maybe a distant 1Password cousin, I don't know ;) Hopefully bobo will see your reply.

Bob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, sorry about that! It's been edited so they'll get the notification for the reply. Thank you for pointing that out! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.