iCloud sync setup

Comments

• jcp_123
    jcp_123
    Community Member

I have done the same thing, and wasted hours on this! I set up 1Password on my iPhone and iPad and both sync successfully via iCloud. When setting up the app on my Mac I get no option to sync to iCloud and no sync option in preferences. So I deleted my account via Safari on my Mac in the hope of starting again, but still no luck. Really frustrating.

• Hi @jcp_123,

Could you provide us with screenshots of what you're seeing? I'm sure we can get this figured out for you. If you're not comfortable with posting a screenshot on a public forum, feel free to email us at support@1password.com and we'll help you out there. Simply include a link to this forum thread so that we can connect the dots.

Rick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jcp_123: I also wanted to follow up here. It sounds like you may have a really old version of 1Password for Mac installed if there is no Sync tab in Preferences. Be sure to let us know all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using. We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

• jcp_123
    jcp_123
    Community Member

Guys - first, thanks for the rapid response! Much appreciated. All apps have been downloaded in the last week. The app for the Mac is 6.3.3 off your website. App for iPhone and iPad 6.4.5 off apple App Store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jcp_123: Well...you're welcome, but I think we'll all be even happier with a rapid resolution! ;)

Thanks for following up! If you're not seeing this in 1Password Preferences, then it's likely the app is damaged on your system:

Just keep in mind that iCloud can only sync the Primary vault. But I just noticed a detail in the wording of your original post that may be significant:

So I deleted my account via Safari on my Mac

Are you using a 1Password Account for the subscription service? If so, a big part of this is that there is no sync configuration: you just login to your account on each device to authorize it and access your data. iCloud is in no way involved.

But if you've been using the standalone 1Password apps already and you have a Primary vault on your other devices that is syncing with iCloud, you can migrate your data to the vault(s) in your 1Password Account.

If, however, you'd prefer to use the standalone apps and sync your own data, you can enable local vaults in 1Password for Mac under Preferences > Advanced. That will create a Primary vault for you and you'll be all set.

Let me know what you'd like to do, and we'll get everything setup. :)

This discussion has been closed.