Having trouble finding settings to switch from Dropbox to iCloud

This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud sync setup.

Comments

• scottmurdock
    scottmurdock
    Community Member

The Password menus shown do not match what is show on the help site or the directions (no Sync Icon). Mac is currently set to use dropbox, and I see no option to change to iCloud.

Can you please provide step by step instructions on how to resolve ... my iOS devices are fine and set to iCloud, but not on the Mac

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottmurdock,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the sync settings! This sounds like it might be a different situation than the customer from the other thread described, so I've moved your message to a new discussion.

The Password menus shown do not match what is show on the help site or the directions (no Sync Icon).

Do you mean that if you open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences from the menubar, the Preferences window doesn't have a Sync tab like the one shown here:

Are there other differences between that screenshot and what you see on your Mac? Do you have an Accounts tab in the Preferences? And if so, are there any accounts listed there?

Also, what exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac? The latest is 6.3.3, and the only reason that wouldn't have any Sync settings in the Preferences is if you're signed into a 1Password.com account and don't have any local vaults set up (i.e. vaults that aren't part of a 1Password.com account).

Mac is currently set to use dropbox, and I see no option to change to iCloud.

If you don't have any Sync settings in Preferences, where do you see that 1Password is currently syncing with Dropbox? Is it possible you're using 1Password 3 for Mac? That's an older version which didn't support syncing with iCloud, and the Dropbox sync settings were on the General tab of the Preferences.

Thanks in advance! :)

• scottmurdock
    scottmurdock
    Community Member

Thank you for responding. It appears that i am still on 1Password 3 on the Mac. i was confused because the "check for upgrade" functions says I am on the latest Rev .... ????

I have gone to the support forum and printed the instructions to upgrade. However, these rather convoluted instructions do not match the actual screens! (the remove extensions is totally different). Why make this so hard? It feels like the burden was shifted to the user rather than spend the programing time to actually provide an upgrade service.

I got it done ... but painful

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottmurdock

I'm sorry this was so complicated for you, I guess these are the instructions that you found, right? In general 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a pretty huge upgrade, where many things changed which made it harder to make the process completely automatic. However, everything to 1Password 5 and then 6 has been automatic so you won't have to go through the annoying process again :chuffed: Thank you very much for your patience, and I'm sorry for the trouble.

It sounds like you're set now, but if there's anything else we can help you with we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.