Feature Request: Floating / Anchored windows in 1Password Mini available easily on full app

ZacBook
ZacBook
Community Member

One nice feature of 1Password Mini is the ability to float the windows via the anchor button. These floating windows would also be convenient to have in the main version - perhaps activated via a double-click on the item in the list view.

Here's my use case where it would be handy. I previously kept different Secure Notes for various checking accounts that contained the account and routing numbers. I noticed that 1Password explicitly has a Bank Account category, so I decided keep that information there instead. While editing the Bank Account in question, I couldn't keep the Secure Note open at the same time. So what I wound up doing was using 1Password Mini to open the Secure Note in the floating / anchored view, and keeping that along side the main 1Password app while editing my Bank Account.

Note: this is clearly low-priority since it's already relatively easy to do in conjunction with 1Password Mini!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:feature request

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZacBook,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your feedback & suggestion! We're always looking for ways to improve 1Password, and I can see how an option to open a floating mini window from the main app would be helpful in that situation. I can forward your request to our developers, although I can't make any promises about if/when we might add something like that.

For now, and as you already know, you can open a window from 1Password mini while using the main 1Password app - in fact, that's what we suggest in this blog post: Quick Tip: Migrate your details between 1Password items

There are a couple things which might make that even easier for you: First, instead of clicking on the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar, you can use the ⌥⌘\ (Option+Command+Backslash) keyboard shortcut to open it. Then you can start typing the name of the item you're looking for to search for it, and/or use the arrow keys. Finally, instead of clicking on the anchor button to keep the window open, you can use the ⌘O keyboard shortcut.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.