1Password extension not working in Chrome with MacOs Sierra 10.12

francoisb155
francoisb155
Community Member

Hello,
The extension on Chrome (MacOS Sierra) does not work any longer (it used to work without problem). I deleted it and reinstalled it 10 times... It appears on Chrome, and when I click on it, it tries to open 1password and it seems to work for a few seconds but then 1password disappear and it says that it did not find the app... Problem started when I installed the extension on Chrome on my second computer (a PC).
Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension not working in Chrome with MacOs Sierra 10.12

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @francoisb155

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you'er having with 1Password. Am I right to understand that the problem with the extension is on a Mac running Sierra? If this is the case, then what you installed on other devices won't really affect it, so lets focus on that one! Is the main app of 1Password working all right? The first thing to try is to please restart your computer and see if it's of any help. If you're still having trouble after restarting your computer, can you please: go to the application folder and drag 1Password to the trash, then empty the trash and restart your computer. Then download and install 1Password again and see if this helps.

Please let us know what you find out when you've tried this and if 1Password is working again for you :chuffed:

• francoisb155
    francoisb155
    Community Member

it does work now. Thanks for your help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @francoisb155

That's great news :lol: You're very welcome! I hope that 1Password behaves nicely for you from now on, but if you bump into any other issues, you know where to find us!

This discussion has been closed.