1Password mini menu, show more items

bstackhouse
bstackhouse
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Is it possible to display more items in the open login section of the mini menu, an option maybe. If not, it should be added as a feature.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 5.4.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bstackhouse,

Are you finding that a Login item that should match the open webpage is hidden behind a Show X more items option that you have to click?

If you are it could be that it's a question of the website field not being an exact match.

1. There is an option titled Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites in 1Password's preferences in the Browsers tab. Is it enabled or disabled?
    2. If you compare the website field of the item that is hidden to the website field of one of the items that it shows how do they compare? If they are both for the same site then except in very rare cases they should be the same. If they are different we would hide the one we don't think is a full match.

If I've misunderstood anything please do say :smile:

• bstackhouse
    bstackhouse
    Community Member

The problem is that only 5 entries display with a 'show 2 more' that you need to click to see all 7. The user should be able to configure how many actually show.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @bstackhouse! I'd be happy to forward your request to our developers (although I can't make any promises about if/when an option like that might be added). We appreciate the feedback!

For now, if you're referring to Login items that are suggested for the current website, and the Login item you want to use is hidden hidden behind the 'Show X more items' option, you can mark that item as a Favorite in order to have it listed at the top. (If that doesn't work as expected, it's probably related to the questions littlebobbytables asked in his reply.)

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• bstackhouse
    bstackhouse
    Community Member

That of course only works if there are just 5 favorites. With a large screen it is better to display as many as possible. One example 5 is not the correct number is for gmail accounts, but there are many more. Just give the user control of the correct number plus an option for as many as possible.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@bstackhouse, I understand, I was just giving a suggestion that I thought might be helpful for now. If our developers decide to change the way it currently works, I don't know when it would happen, but it won't be immediate - so in the meantime I was trying to think of something that might help. However, if you have 5 or more Login items for the same site that are all marked as Favorite, I'm afraid my suggestion won't be very helpful.

We appreciate the feedback, and hopefully we'll be able to do something about that in the future. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@bstackhouse

There is one thing I am still curious about. Are you referring to when you search your vault for an item using the search field or are you referring to 1Password not showing you all matching Login items for the page that you are on? If we're talking about showing Login items that match the current page in your browser I can have it show me the Show 2 more items menu option for as few as two visible entries or I can have it show me 12+ entries without anything hidden and it all depends on the URL stored in the item.

If you're searching for an item to use open and fill then there does seem to be different behaviour hard coded. I just want to ensure these two aren't being mixed up at all. I would agree that a menu that in some cases seems to use only a fifth of the vertical space whilst hiding a couple of entries doesn't make sense.

• bstackhouse
    bstackhouse
    Community Member

Using the search field currently displays all entires that match eg. gmail.com shows all gmail logins. That's how I think it should be. Logins for the current page never shows more than 5 without the show x more items. That's where I think the behavior should be changed.

You mentioned showing 2 more items or 12+ items. Is that currently part of 1Password or a new feature? If currently part of the product where is the option? I can't find anything like that in preferences.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bstackhouse

Thank you for your input on what you'd like to see in 1Password, we'll pass your suggestion along and we might be able to see something like this in the future :chuffed:

You mentioned showing 2 more items or 12+ items. Is that currently part of 1Password or a new feature? If currently part of the product where is the option?

I'm sorry this caused a bit of confusion, this is a response to the behavior when you do a search, as you mentioned :chuffed: Depending on how exactly the URL matches you can either see all items right away, as you do, or have some hidden for partial matches.

This discussion has been closed.