Will deleting 1Password on a computer in my network delete app on all devices?

Ann_Gahan_1972
Ann_Gahan_1972
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iPads, iPhones, MacPro, and MacBook Pro on my network.
The MacPro is an older machine and I'm concerned about security.
How/can I delete 1Password off the MacPro without deleting on all devices?
Version on MacPro is 6.3.2, OS X 10.11.6, sync iCloud.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to delete 1Password from a computer in my network without deletin app on all devices?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ann_Gahan_1972,

Assuming the various devices are in sync then deleting the 1Password application and its support folder on the Mac Pro won't affect other devices. The only time you would need to be concerned is if you instructed 1Password to delete the sync data in iCloud.

So on the Mac Pro move the 1Password application to the Trash.

Depending on whether you've been running the 1Password from our site or from Apple's Mac App Store you will want to delete the following folder.

• AgileBits store version: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4
    • Mac App Store version: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

You could even go as far as disabling access to iCloud from inside System Preferences on the Mac Pro if you're worried at all and that wouldn't affect the data stored remotely, only whether it was accessible locally on this Mac.

Does that help at all?

• Ann_Gahan_1972
    Ann_Gahan_1972
    Community Member

Unable to locate either folder in Finder.
    Current version of 1Password 6, 6.3.2. 6.3.4 is available for download.

• Ann_Gahan_1972
    Ann_Gahan_1972
    Community Member

So, on the MacPro I can just drag 1Password to trash and it will effect other synched devices?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ann_Gahan_1972,

Just to be clear: You can delete the 1Password app on your Mac Pro, and that will have no effect whatsoever on your other devices. In fact, those other devices have no idea whether or not the 1Password app exists on your Mac Pro. If you delete the app from your Mac Pro, the only thing that will change is that you'll no longer have the 1Password app on your Mac Pro. It will continue to work on each of your other devices.

I hope that helps to clear things up, but please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.