No backup option

dwgilb
dwgilb
Community Member

I started a trial of 1Password on my Mac yesterday. I don't see the backup option on the file menu or preferences. Are backups not available for trials? Or is there another reason?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:backups not found

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @dwgilb,

With a 1Password account the responsibility of backups is shifted from the user to our server. The idea behind the 1Password account is to remove areas like this that can trip up a user and leave them without their data should the worse happen, something we have sadly seen. Our trial will allow you to fully test every aspect of 1Password without limitation so you gain a feel for how it will behave should you subscribe. Hopefully that answers your question but if you have any follow-up questions or feel I've missed something please say :smile:

• dwgilb
    dwgilb
    Community Member

Thanks for reply, your answer makes sense. I was not able to find this info in the user manual or FAQ, so unless I missed it, it would be nice to enhance the documentation.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! I'm sorry you had trouble finding answers to your questions on our support site. You can find some information about backups in this knowledgebase article: 1Password backups

I'm not sure if that necessarily answers your specific questions about backups, but we're always working on improving our online documentation, so perhaps we can add some information there in the future.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• dwgilb
    dwgilb
    Community Member

Thank you Drew_AG for your comment. I did see the knowledge base article about 1Password backups that you mention. The problem for me was that this article does not explicitly state that the menu options for backup under "File" and "Preferences" are not available if you are using a 1Password Account to synch. That is what confused me.

• I see. Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to pass it along to our documentation team for their consideration as they continue their constant efforts to improve our docs.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.