Will we ever see Sync.com as an option for syncing 1password?

Stevie
Stevie
Community Member

I use Sync.com over Dropbox, iCloud or Google Drive as it is far more secure. I would like to see Sync.com as a built-in option for syncing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync.com

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Stevie

Thank you for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. Right now, we don't have a plan to add more syncing option to the ones available. We have iCloud and Dropbox as third party services, WLAN if you don't ever want your data to be on any cloud and 1Password.com accounts where we do all the syncing and securely storing for you. We even have the option of folder sync in case you have some edge case needs for your 1Password data :chuffed:

However, nothing is ever completely off the table and we might still add more syncing options in the future! Please let us know if you have any questions and if there's anything you'd like to know about our syncing options, how we ensure security on our 1Password.com accounts or anything else related to 1Password :chuffed:

• dudleystorey
    dudleystorey
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar (wonderful name, by the way: it was also the name of Ernest Hemingway's boat!)

Please +1 me on this: recent political changes have made me much more wary of storing sensitive information on US servers. I'd really appreciate the option to store 1Password info in Canada.

• Thanks for letting us know, dudleystorey! We'll keep your feedback in mind!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

+1 for me also. More sync options can only make 1password more attractive.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@dougmon - Thanks for adding your +1. As Pilar mentioned above, we don't have any immediate plans to add more sync options, but nothings ever completely off the table for the future.

This discussion has been closed.