I have lost my icon for One Password which I have leased for my Mac. How do I get the icon back?

heclaisse
heclaisse
Community Member

My icon suddenly had a random array of letters and symbols in place of the name "1Password". So I put this icon in the trash. I thought I could then download 1Password from the hard disc, but it was gone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have lost my icon for One Password which I have leased for my Mac. How do I get the icon back?

Comments

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member

something happen to the icon which replaced the 1Password name to a random set of letters and symbols. I thought that if I PUT THIS ICON IN THE TRASH THAT I COULD REOPEN WITH THE CORRECT ICON. BUT THEN THE APPLICATION WAS GONE FROM MY HARDDRIVE.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I cannot reopen my 1Password sfgr to get the sign-on icon back on my desktop

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member

I NEED HELP FROM A REAL PERSON -- NOT JUST AUTOMATED "BS"

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member

HELP !!!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heclaisse,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password!

What icon did you delete, and from where did you delete it? For example, do you mean you deleted the 1Password app icon from the Dock, or the app file from the Applications folder, or the extension icon from the toolbar or your web browser?

If you need to re-add 1Password to the Dock, just find the 1Password app in the Applications folder and drag it from there into the Dock. If you deleted the app itself from Applications, you can download a new copy from our download site (or if you were using the Mac App Store version, you can re-download it from the Purchased section of the Mac App Store).

If that doesn't help, please let us know what you deleted and from where, and we should be able to give you some more specific steps. Thanks! :)

• heclaisse
    heclaisse
    Community Member

ALL GOT CORRECTED WHEN I REC'D AN UPDATED VERSION OF 1PASSWORD AND MADE THE UPDATE AND SAVED THE ICON ON THE "TRAY" AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HOME PAGE. I AM GOOD TO GO.

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING. HAYDEN

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @heclaisse! I'm glad you were able to get things back to normal. From your description, it sounds like you needed to re-add 1Password to the Dock on your Mac.

I noticed you opened a second thread about this, so I merged those messages with this discussion after I replied to it.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.