I want more info on 6.3.4 but cannot find it on website.

awerneke
awerneke
Community Member

Why the 6-digit passcode? Is it to make sure the site is legitimate before 1P fills in the login?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.3.4
OS Version: Mac OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:6.3.4 information

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@awerneke I think you'll find this AgileBits' post on the Mac beta forum helpful—as well as others in that thread.

Stephen

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Thanks, Stephen. That is as I expected but found it odd there was no explanation of that in the installer description. Since 6.3.4 is still beta and it looks like some folks have a had a problem I think I'll wait to update to it until any glitches are smoothed out. Thanks again, Angela

• ankushnarula
    ankushnarula
    Community Member

It's not a beta - here are the release notes: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4#webstore

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @awerneke

It sounds like Stephen has pointed you towards the right path, and I'd like to add this brand new post giving some extra details on what all this is about: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70823/security-background-for-6-3-4-extension-authorization#latest

As @ankushnarula mentions, it's part of this stable release. It was implemented on Beta a few weeks ago and we have smoothed what our beta testers have found. There is always a chance that something fell between the cracks while we were testing it as a Beta, but it's perfectly safe for you to install it :chuffed:

Please let us know if this works well for you, and if you find any kind of issue tell us right away so we can work on it!

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Thanks for the additional comments and links from ankushnarula and Pilar as well as the clarification about it being beyond beta. Will check out the links. I would add a general comment that it would be helpful to have easier navigation to this information. The update window says to go to the website for more information but once I got to the website I couldn't find that information, even by putting the version number in the search window. In an ideal scenario, I shouldn't have to write support to get to the release notes. That said, I appreciate the functionality of 1P and all you folks who respond so quickly to support questions. Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @awerneke

You're very welcome! And thank you very much for the kind words and for your feedback about what would make 1Password and everything around it better :chuffed: I'm sorry the information wasn't easier to find, I will pass your comment to our team to see what we can come up with. If you have any other questions, or if there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.