Problems with extensions in 6.3.4

davidboone
davidboone
Community Member

My Mac updated to version 6.3.4 today. After updating the extensions in both Safari and Firefox, neither browser extension can operate. I get a failure indicating that the extension cannot find 1password. By going thru one password, I can force an update to the browser extension, but I never see the code verification tab that the release notes indicate.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ghoetker
    ghoetker
    Community Member

Same. The code verification tab never appears for me. Running sierra & Safari. Totally updated.

• jab_zrh
    jab_zrh
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem. Extension will only install from Apple Library not from Agile and not work. When I uninstall the extension and retry to install it from Agile the installation has no results i.e. there is no extension installed.
    Agile please react immediately - I am stuck in my work process!

• davidboone
    davidboone
    Community Member

It seems to be working this morning. The only think I changed was updating USB Overdrive.

• VaporK8
    VaporK8
    Community Member

Help! i tried the extension 1Password update and now Safari is not populating any of my user IDs/passcodes!

• ahull
    ahull
    Community Member

I have same problem, since updating. The menu bar extension lists all logins, but it doesn't show the "active" one so it doesn't automatically paste or allow manual copy/paste. Needs urgent repair!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry for all the trouble the new authentication has been causing to you :( You should be able to see the codes on 1Password mini on the menu bar and on your browser. If you can't see either of these, the very first step is to please restart your computer. This solves the problem most times. If you're still having trouble after restarting your computer, please make sure that you have the latest version of the browser that you're having trouble with. If these two options fail, please let us know so we can dig a bit deeper and sort out what might be causing trouble.

Please let us know if it all gets fixed!

• MTG
    MTG
    Community Member

I just downloaded the latest update to my 1Password - when I launch my browser on Firefox and attempt to utilize 1Password, a new tab appears which is labeled Authorize 1Password Extension and a screen appears with a 6 digit code and the words “Compare this code to the one shown in 1Password” - I do not know what to do with this new code? There is no ability for me to click “Authorize” as stated below in the download and 1P does not display the 6 digit code. I have tried to download links and passwords to my critical websites I need to access and 1Password will not function.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MTG,

I'm sorry you aren't seeing the pop-up window from 1Password that shows the matching code and allows you to authorize!

We released an update for 1Password (version 6.3.5) which fixes some issues with the browser extension authorization. Can you please install the update to see if that helps? You should also quit Firefox, then reopen it after 1Password 6.3.5 has been installed. If you still have trouble after the update, please reboot your Mac, then open Firefox and try again. Please let us know how it all goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.