integration with firefox 49 not working

Options

I have tried to reinstall the extension, 1password form the app store, but to no avail. I'm running Mac OSX Yosemite and firefox 49.0. Before my recovery with timecapsule everything was working fine, post this activity the app no longer works withe firefox.

1Password Version: Latest in mac store
Extension Version: Latest in macstore
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:integration with firefox 49 not working

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Could you let us know a little more about the problem you're having?

• When you open Firefox, do you see the 1Password button in the toolbar?
    • What happens if you click the toolbar button?
    • If you visit the sign in page on a site for which you have a Login saved and click the button, does that Login show in the list that pops up?
    • If you see the Login, what happens if you select it?

Also, if your computer can run Yosemite, it should be able to run El Capitan as well. Is there a specific reason you haven't upgraded yet?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• chillout
    chillout
    Community Member
    Options

I see the 1password button in the toolbar. When I click it it complains about the connection to 1Password. "Couldn’t connect to 1Password

Make sure you have the 1Password app installed. If you're still experiencing problems follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."

I have followed the steps, but to no avail.

I'm running Yosemite as El Capitan slows down my mac even more. It's an old Early 2011 model MacBook Pro

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This usually points to some sort of interference with the channel between the browser and 1Password caused by a proxy server or something like that. Here's some information on how to configure different software suites: https://support.1password.com/category/advanced/#software-configuration

The other possibility is that 1Password mini isn't properly starting. If you launch the main 1Password application, does the Firefox extension work better?

If you still have trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• chillout
    chillout
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent in the report. The integration doesn't work with the full 1 password running. 1Password mini runs fine and at least has my passwords so I can copy and paste them.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @chillout,

I've located your diagnostic report and somebody will be in touch soon about it. As we'll be discussing the diagnostic report with you we'll keep the conversation to email for now :smile:

ref: UUT-37769-625

• chillout
    chillout
    Community Member
    Options

Removing Qustodio resolved my issue. Thanks for your help. It took me a while to reply as I was on holiday and had to restore a backup. The issue also didn't get resolved on MacOS Sierra as I upgraded to that and downgraded again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chillout,

Glad to hear we managed to get to the bottom of this puzzle. Sadly the current version of Qustodio does block communication between 1Password mini and our extension. I look forward to the day where uninstalling Qustodio isn't the only solution.

This discussion has been closed.