Tags Automatically are Delimited

Options
Michael Shingledecker
Michael Shingledecker
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was trying to enter a tag that is two words ("Text Alert"). When I entered it into 1Password for Windows, the app automatically split it into two tags, "Text" and "Alert." Is there a way to prevent the app from doing this? The iOS version does not do this.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

See this discussion for a workaround: Tags with spaces clarification

In summary - Add a trailing comma (i.e. "Text Alert,") and it will add properly.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Michael Shingledecker,

Jhamer is absolutely right here. If you want to add one tag Text Alert, you want to add a trailing comma at the end of the tag, even if it is the only one you are adding at the moment.

So, instead of Text Alert, please type Text Alert, and you should be fine. :) We are always looking into ways on how to make our tagging system better, so thank you for noticing!

++
    Greg

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

OK, I will try this method. I think it's odd that the behavior is different depending on the OS you are using. It should be consistent across the board.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Michael Shingledecker: You're absolutely right. We have a lot more work we'd like to do on the item editor, and this is something we'll be improving there as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.