Browser Extensions Ask to Authorize - No authorization dialog in 1password application

wolfe
wolfe
Community Member

I just updated to the v6.3.4 version of 1Password for Mac. I have been using 1password for a VERY long time now, and generally love it.

But I am VERY sad that your update requires me to authorize browser extensions, without ANY apparent way to do that authorization within the 1Password Mac application. I do not see any prompting. I do not see any setting OR any place such authorization could be given.

Arrg! What is going on?

Sincerely,
John "Used to be very happy" Wolfe

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90 chrome / 4.6.1 firefox
OS Version: 10.11.6 Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• wolfe
    wolfe
    Community Member

Wow - how annoying. Saw the answer in another query about Bartender (an application for hiding pesky title bar icons) and the mini-application for 1password. Turns out that the authorization is shown when you click on the 1password mini-application icon in the title bar (or, in my case, in the bartender "tray").

I agree with the comment of adding MORE information about where the heck you are supposed to see this authorization appear. And testing out your product with the bartender application. And allowing authorization viewing in the main 1password application.

That was a painful 45 minutes I will never get back. Thanks, guys!

Sincerely,
    John Wolfe

• GaryZheng
    GaryZheng
    Community Member

Thanks wolfe! I got the same problem and lucky I find your post here, solved in 5 minutes.
    I suggest agilebits to add sample pictures to figure out where to authorize on the authorize web page instead of just showing the text "code to the one shown in 1Password". Bartender has a large number of users too.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wolfe

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that you found with 1Password. Thank you very much for letting us know how you got it solved. We are working to improve this process and to fix the glitches and issues that have come up with it. I'm very sorry again for the trouble, and thank you very much for your patience! :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GaryZheng

I'm very sorry for the trouble you found with this new 1Password update. I'm glad you were able to find Wolfe's post soon and that his advice was helpful. We're working to improve this process and to fix any errors within it, thank you very much for your patience. We hope to have this smoothed out as soon as possible :chuffed:

• ritzman
    ritzman
    Community Member

I am having the same issue on Chrome v53.0 and Safari v10.0. There is no authorization screen when clicking on iPassword Mini, as suggested by @wolfe. I am locked out of 1Password on both browsers and must copy and paste from the 1Password application.

I totally agree with @GaryZheng that there should be a hyperlink below the "Compare this code to the one shown in 1Password." for more information and troubleshooting.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ritzman

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with the new authentication method. Can you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• bcraig
    bcraig
    Community Member

Wow! It took WAY too long to find these posts. I too could not figure out where it was I was suppose to enter the code and authorize 1Password. You really need to update you product to inform people where it is they need to click the "authorize" button. It's not very intuitive and a visual on where to find the location on the authorization page that pops up would be EXTREMELY helpful.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bcraig

I'm very sorry to hear that you had some trouble with this update of 1Password :( I hope that you got it sorted out now, and thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry that the authentication process wasn't more intuitive or easy to complete. We're working to improve this :chuffed: Thank you very much for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.