master password required again when logging into a second web site

xumbar
xumbar
Community Member

Hi,
I've noticed a change in the behaviour of 1P since updating to macOS Sierra on my MacBook Pro. I typically use LaunchBar (version 6.7.2) to open the login page of my favourite web sites in Safari. The page opens and 1P prompts me for the master password, as usual. 1P then fills in the blanks, and I click the Ok button to complete the login. However, when I try to log into a second web site, 1P prompts me for the master password again. When I go on to log into additional web sites, 1P behaves normally (that is, it doesn't ask for the master password again). As far as I can tell, this seems to be an issue only after waking from a long sleep and after restarting.

I observed other odd behaviour that may or may not be connected with this problem. LaunchBar used to be pretty snappy before macOS Sierra. Now when I press the keyboard shortcut to activate LaunchBar after waking from a long sleep or after a restart, it doesn't respond immediately. It takes a few seconds. When it activates the login page of a web site, the 1P master password prompt appears as usual. However, when I start entering the 1P master password, the 1P password form will sometimes abruptly disappear and I end up typing part of the master password into an entry field on the web site.

I hope you can help.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member

After installing version 6.3.4 and restarting, the problem has not recurred.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xumbar

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you had with 1Password. It sounds like reinstalling it did the trick and 1Password is back on it's feet for you, that's great news! I hope that it behaves nicely for you from now on but if you find yourself in any more trouble, please let us know and we'll help you sort it out :chuffed:

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member

Unfortunately, the problem still happens. I just logged into my banking site after waking the computer from a long sleep. Shortly afterwards, I logged into my YouTube account. Both times, 1P prompted me for the master password.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xumbar

I'm sorry to hear that the problem has come back! can you please go to 1Password Preferences then to Security and see if the auto lock setting are all correct? Trying changing the settings and see if some other configuration there does the trick :chuffed: Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member

All the auto lock settings were reasonable. Nevertheless, I changed a couple (lock when screen save activated: from on to off and lock when computer idle: from 20min to 10min). I left the rest unchanged: lock on sleep on, lock when fast user switch on, and lock when main window is closed off.

Although I was initially precise about the conditions that trigger the problem, I haven't tried to confirm the conditions reproduce the problem. If it recurs, I'll try to recall the circumstances and report back. It won't be easy because I don't use my computer with troubleshooting in mind. In the mean time, I might just end up living with the problem.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xumbar

Thanks for letting us know that you've checked this and that it seems to be fine. If you happen to bump into this issue again, please do let us know as many details as you can (the more information we have the more likely we'll look in the right place to fix the problem!). If you want to, you can also generate a Diagnostics Report right after you experience this problem, this might give us some good insight :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Thanks for the information.

The problem happened again just now after I woke the computer from a long sleep (several hours). This time, I logged into a series of three fitness web sites.

1. https://www.trainerroad.com/login
    2. https://www.strava.com/login
    3. https://home.trainingpeaks.com/login

I used LaunchBar to access these pages. 1Password prompted me for the master password when logging into the first and second sites, but not the third (and subsequent logins).

I was logged in to each site for about 2-5 minutes before moving on to the next site in the sequence. I didn't log out of any site until I visited all three sites. Note that the problem does not just happen with these three web sites. This just happened to be the sequence I started with today.

When I logged into the discussion forum and saw your instructions, I downloaded the diagnostics app and generated a report. The support ID is [#RTE-84876-162].

• xumbar
    xumbar
    Community Member

Sorry, I forgot to say that during the sequence of three logins, 1Password prompted me for the master password when logging into the first and second sites, but not the third (and subsequent logins).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @xumbar! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: RTE-84876-162

This discussion has been closed.