Authorization problem with Firefox

june8
june8
Community Member

After installing 1P extension Firefox (49.0.1) does not display anything for authorization it requires to install the extension again.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @june8

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. First of all, can you please try doing just that and reinstalling the extension to see if it helps? If you're still having some trouble, could you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't, could you please tell us other apps or extensions that you're using that might be interfering with this? For example, things like Bartender or antimalware can sometimes cause some trouble with this.

Please let us know how these all goes for you and if 1Password is back on it's feet :chuffed:

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

After installing Firefox wants me to authorize but under that, it still wants me to install the extension. Repeating the installation does not change anything. (Screenshot attached) I use Adguard but I disabled it while installing the extension, also restarting didn't solve.
    With Safari (10.0) installing and authorization finished without any problem.

• Carlo50
    Carlo50
    Community Member

What is the solution? I have the same problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@june8: The old version of 1Password cannot connect to the new extension properly to perform the mutual authentication. Please update 1Password, restart your Mac, and then you should be able to connect them.

@Carlo50: Are you also running an older version of 1Password or the extension? Also, make sure whichever browser you're using is up to date and then reboot.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

1Password is new version. I have already mentioned that there were no problem with authentication with Safari. Cannot authorize with Firefox.

• Carlo50
    Carlo50
    Community Member

If I am running an older version of 1Password, I don't know it. When I check the version number I am given this information:
    1Password 6
    Version 6.5.BETA-22 (650022)
    AgileBits Beta

How can I tell if there is another version of 1Password running in the background. I have also updated Firefox to 49.0.1 and I have deleted the 1Password extension three times, have restarted Firefox, and restarted the Mac. System Version: OS X 10.10.5 (14F1912)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 14.5.0

It al begin with the Beta version of 1Password. How can I return to previous working version? Anything I can change in the system files?
    Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @june8,

In your first post, you said you're using 1Password version 6.3.2, which is an older release. The latest is 6.3.4, so please make sure that's what is currently installed on your Mac. Just launch the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menubar. The window that opens will show you the exact version number. If that doesn't show version 6.3.4 (or higher), you'll need to install the update.

After installing Firefox wants me to authorize but under that, it still wants me to install the extension.

Do you mean that you see the 6-digit code in Firefox as well as in the prompt from 1Password? If so, and if the numbers match, you should be able to click the Authorize button. What happens when you do that? Or if I misunderstood what you meant, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

My 1P version 6.3.4. I don't see 6 digit code. I attached the screenshot to my previous post. Please take a look at it.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/t8/mj0a5ytc0zjq.png

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Carlo50,

Thank you for those details! You're using the latest beta version of 1Password, so that should work fine with the new extension authorization (I'm also using 6.5.BETA-22 and haven't had any trouble with that). However, please make sure you're also using the latest version of the 1Password extension in Firefox: How to keep the 1Password browser extension up to date

How can I tell if there is another version of 1Password running in the background.

I don't think Brenty meant you might have multiple copies of 1Password on your Mac - instead, he was asking if you're using an older version in addition to june8 (who had originally said version 6.3.2 was installed). It sounds like that's not the problem, as you have the latest beta version. Sorry for the confusion!

It al begin with the Beta version of 1Password. How can I return to previous working version?

If you'd like to switch to the latest stable release of 1Password 6 instead of the beta version, just go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password 6.app file to the Trash (make sure you do not use any app cleaning tools when you do this). As long as you only delete the app itself, your data will be fine (it's in another location on your Mac). Then you can download version 6.3.4 from our download site.

Just to be clear, I don't think switching to 6.3.4 will necessarily solve this problem, but you can certainly try that if you want. If you do, does it help at all?

• Carlo50
    Carlo50
    Community Member

I need help too. I am unable to go back to the 1P 6.3.4. So, am I running two !P programs, one that is not visible?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @june8,

Thanks for clarifying that, I guess I had misunderstood your previous message.

We just released an update for 1Password (version 6.3.5) which fixes some issues with the browser extension authorization. Can you please install the update to see if that helps? If you still have trouble after the update, please reboot your Mac, then open Firefox and try again. Please let us know how it all goes! :)

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

Already did so. 6.3.5 didn't change anything.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Carlo50,

It looks like we may have been typing our replies to each other at about the same time yesterday. Did you see my previous reply to you? If so, did you have trouble deleting the beta app and reinstalling the latest stable version?

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

At last I successfully authorized the extension with Firefox, I don't know what was the reason that solved the problem. After authorization, it displayed "Looking for the 1P application" prompt (I attached the screenshot) for a long time and never gone away. But !P extension now works properly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.