Notification won't go away

MaryIannotti
MaryIannotti
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

After I upgraded to version 6.3.4 an authorization notice appeared for Google Chrome.

1Passord requires authorization to work with Google Chrome. Click Authorize if the code below matches the one in your browser.

I have no idea where to find the code in the browser. I can't cancel or authorize the notification. Now it's stuck on my screen blocking everything else I have open.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Desktop Sierra 10.12
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• aherseyatrf
    aherseyatrf
    Community Member

I had a similar issue and was able to resolve it, although my problem was in Firefox and I could see the matching code in my browser.

My problem:
    I tried to click the "Authorize" button in the notification, but it didn't do anything, and neither did the "Cancel" button. This may have occurred because I lost internet connectivity just after receiving the notification. Restoring internet connectivity didn't make the buttons work again and I couldn't get the notification to go away.

My solution:
    I opened the 1Password application from my Dock and went to "Install Browser Extensions..." in the menu bar. This caused the installation process to restart. It opened a new Firefox window that displayed a new code. It also opened a new notification with the matching code. I clicked "Authenticate", the new notification disappeared, and the installation completed successfully, but the old code notification didn't go away. I was then able to click on the 1Password icon in the menu bar, click on the gear in the top right of the menu and selected "Quit 1Password mini". This caused the old code notification to disappear.

Note:
    It may not have been necessary for me to restart the installation to get the notification to go away. Before I did that, when I clicked on the 1Password icon in the menu bar, it popped up a prompt asking for my 1Password password. Because the password prompt was underneath the notification, I wasn't sure whether typing in it was working. It may have been possible for me to enter my password to get to the menu so I could close 1Password mini.

I hope this helps.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Marylannotti

I'm very sorry for the trouble that you bumped into with 1Password. Have you tried @aherseyatrf suggestion? Are you still having trouble with this? If you do, can you please restart your computer and try again? Often resetting everything up helps getting it in place :chuffed: Please let us know what you find out and if you're able to use 1Password normally again!

This discussion has been closed.