how to remove authorization number from screen

paulmorgan
paulmorgan
Community Member

Google Chrome request for authorization if on top of everything on screen. Can't remove it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:authorization warning is on screen can't remove

Comments

• riprap8880
    riprap8880
    Community Member

Upgraded to the new 1Password (6.3.4). I use Google Chrome. First time I used it with the new 1Password, both authorization codes were the same, so I clicked "Authorize" and everything was fine thereafter. My wife uses Safari. She got conflicting numbers and could not cancel. Can't get rid of the authorization box. If this is an improvement, I'd like to reinstall the previous version. If that's not possible, I'd like to delete 1Password completely. I need help. Thanks.

• riprap8880
    riprap8880
    Community Member

What does "Body is required" mean???

• Hi @paulmorgan,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Before the 1Password extension can be used in Chrome it must be authorized in 1Password mini. Please open 1Password mini from your menu bar and confirm the code displayed there matches the one in Chrome. Once you've verified they match you can click the authorize button.

Thanks!

Ben

• Hi @riprap8880

Please make sure your wife is running the latest versions of both 1Password and the 1Password Safari extension. The Safari extension can be updated here:

1Password Browser Extensions

If she is still having trouble after doing so I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from her Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• My apologies to both of you for the delay in responding.

Ben

• chiefted
    chiefted
    Community Member

Ben,

I also have this post in another thread, but hoping it will help here as well. I have the same issue and I am running the most recent extensions. I authorized 1Password mini but then I get another authorization window. This was happening on 2 different systems I am running, my home iMac and my work MacBook Pro. Both have dual monitors, the iMac has a Cinema Display connected to it, the MacBook Pro is connected to one Cinema Display and the other Cinema Display is daisy chained off the first. Both are running the latest released version of macOS X (10.12)

• Tried to click on the 1Password status item, and click the gear to exit 1Password mini. Was unable to do that.

• Launched 1Password and uncheck 1Password mini let it quit the Authorization window disappeared, reenabled 1Password mini the authorization prompt reappears.

• Authorized Chrome first without any issues. Went back to turned off the 1P mini again, authorization window again disappears, but when you re-enable it returns.

What has seemed to help so far is a reboot of the machines. The authorization window hasn't returned yet.

• riprap8880
    riprap8880
    Community Member

Ben:

Thanks for the reply. I fiddled around with it and finally deleted 1Password mini and then re-added it. Then I was able to authenticate what was needed. Works fine now.

Rip

• Thank you both for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.