2FA not working with Intercom.io

honzajavorek
honzajavorek
Community Member

Hi, my company uses intercom.io for customer support. Recently they forced all of us to use 2FA. I tried to use 1Password according to this guide: https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/ but it didn't work. I have Mac, I use Firefox, I have correct time set (automatically updated from internet).

Intercom.io explicitly tells me I should download Google Authenticator app. Which I don't want, I want to use 1Password. Where's the issue? Is it 1Password, Intercom.io, or me?

BTW uploading images doesn't seem to work on this site.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:2FA

Comments

• honzajavorek
    honzajavorek
    Community Member

I worked it out - first time I tried to enable 2FA, the QR code selector didn't blinked with green color although it was correctly over the code and I didn't know I should wait for the blink. So it didn't have the right source data.

Please consider this as closed.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @honzajavorek

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the One Time Password in 1Password but it's great news that you sorted it all out. Thank you for writing back and letting us know what solved your issue! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on but if you ever need us again, you know where to find us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.