Looking for the extension in Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser extension is opening new tab in Firefox waiting for Helper..

Comments

• aubreyapple
    aubreyapple
    Community Member

I am having the same problem in MacOS and I do not use any antivirus. Firefox 49.0 and 1Password 6.3.4 Everytime I start firefox and use the extension it opens a tab looking for the extension. Then it works normally after that.

• aubreyapple
    aubreyapple
    Community Member

It appears that there is a 15-30 second delay after starting firefox while firefox finds the 1password extension and/or loads it. If I wait that long before using 1password, it appears not to bring up the annoying information tab.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aubreyapple: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Mac category of the forums since you're using a very different version of 1Password than those in the other thread. ;)

It sounds like you're up to date with regard to Firefox and 1Password, but make sure you're using the latest extension as well:

1Password browser extensions

I frequently see cases (both users, myself, and teammates) where Firefox isn't updating extension — or even itself sometimes. Do you have other extensions installed which might be interfering? Try disabling them to see if it helps. Is Firefox loading a lot of saved tabs when it opens? That can slow things down as well.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.