Some trouble with the authentication code in 6.3.4 update

rb_stern
rb_stern
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Mac book Pro El Capitan. I upgraded to 1Password 6.3.4, and like others here, it has rendered my 1Password useless and my browsers unusable! A large box with a code appears which covers the top half of my browser and I can't remove it. I can't find the corresponding code anywhere in Safari or Firefox. It won't install the latest bowser extension, and when I restored 1Password from my Time Machine backup the same thing happens. This is pathetic. Nobody has suggested a solution in the forums. It has ruined my perception of 1Passord as a decent and easily useable app. Why do people have to "improve" on something that already works well? Come on - Agile Bits - Fix this ASAP!

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:6.3.4 code situation useless and pathetic

Comments

• swdstmaker
    swdstmaker
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. After installing v 6.3.4 my browser, Safari, produces a code. I have no idea what to do with it a,d 1Password on Safari does not install. The help sends me here, where there is no answers, just questions. Help!!!!

• swdstmaker
    swdstmaker
    Community Member

Actually, as a last resort I restarted my Mac and the code window popped up after starting safari and all went well from there. Perhaps you need to inform us to do that after the install. Thanks for the help.
    I've been a 1Password user since 2009 (ver3.) and depend on it daily.
    Swdstmaker

• hulagirl
    hulagirl
    Community Member

The code for Firefox does not match, so I click Cancel. It says to contact support. I've tried quitting Firefox, I deleted the plug in and reinstalled, still doesn't work. Worked ok for Safari, though. I'm on a Mac running Yosemite.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @swdstmaker

I'm glad to hear that restarting your computer did the trick! I'm sorry that there were some bumps in the road for you, but it's great that 1Password is back on it's feet now! It's always great to hear that someone has sticked for as long as you :love: I hope you stay around for much longer still! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can do for you, you know where to find us ;)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

Hi @rb_stern

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new authentication code. If you want to know why we implemented this, this forum post goes through the details :chuffed:

Can you please restart your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't, can you please tell us if you're using an app like "Bartender" or anti-malware software that might be interfering?

@swdstmaker and @hulagirl : Can you please try as well restarting your computer and see if that works? If ti doesn't please let us know so we can dig further!

@akent35 Thank you for letting us know that the authentication code is working well for you, it's great news :chuffed:

• hulagirl
    hulagirl
    Community Member

I had to update my version of Firefox and then it worked. I had a fairly recent version, but it must require the latest version to work. Installed Firefox 49.0.1 and the codes then matched. I haven't tried using autofill since then to know if there are any usability issues. Will keep you posted.

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad that worked out, @hulagirl.

Do let us know if you run into any more difficulties.

This discussion has been closed.