The "requires authorization" pop up won't go away after I complete authorization.

Bruis
Bruis
Community Member

Mac OSX 10.11.6 Safari 10.0 1Password mini icon on menu bar spontaneously triggered authorization pop up. The code in the pop up window matched the code in the browser tab. I clicked "Authorize" and got a confirmation in the browser window. Now the pop up won't go away. It's still there with the code displayed and demanding "cancel" or "authorize" but neither function does anything. Pop up window obscures the normal drop down menu from the icon.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:extension authorization stuck

Comments

• lgf30022
    lgf30022
    Community Member

Ok, I got a code in Chrome and in the miniapp. I clicked authorize, it worked. But now it keeps showing another authorization code and there is nothing in Chrom. I cannot cancel or authorize so the balloon just stays there. For now, I had to remove the mini app from the menu bar. The browser plugin works fine, just not the mini app.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

As a user (not having technical info that AgileBits staff might have) I would suggest restarting, as I would guess that the issue would not recur.

There might be better solutions, but it is amazing how many obscure issues get solved by a restart and never come back.

The authorisation was introduced with 6.3.4 but it should go away (and did for me).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bruis,

I'm sorry the authentication window won't go away when you click either button! I'm not sure exactly why that's happening, but as danco suggested, restarting your Mac is likely to clear that up.

Alternately, you might be able to solve this by simply restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then unlock 1Password with your master password and try using the extension in Safari again. Does it work this time?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lgf30022,

I'm sorry you're having trouble dismissing that extra authorization window! I noticed you posted your message in a thread about a different issue with the extension authorization, so I moved it to this discussion which sounds like the same issue you described. I hope you don't mind!

In the previous comments here, danco and I each gave suggestions which should make that prompt go away. Please try restarting 1Password mini as I described above, and if that doesn't work, please restart your Mac. That should solve the problem, but if you need more help with that, just let us know. Thanks! :)

• lgf30022
    lgf30022
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG

Thanks for the reply. I will give your suggestion a try. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @lgf30022!

In case you run into more trouble with that, I wanted to let you know we just released an update (version 6.3.5) which fixes a few issues related to the new browser authorization feature. If you run into problems with the update, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• RRB
    RRB
    Community Member

I just installed Sierra and I got popup notice providing a numerical code to compare with a notice that 1password required authorization to work with Firefox. The code in each case matched either other; however, I cannot get the Authorize button to accept my click on it. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RRB,

I'm sorry you're having trouble clicking the button in that dialogue! That's different than the topic of the previous discussion, so I've moved your message to another thread about the same issue. I hope you don't mind!

As I mentioned above, the update for 1Password 6.3.5 should fix this issue. If the authorization prompt is still there and you can't dismiss it, you might need to restart 1Password mini before installing the update. To restart mini, open the main 1Password app and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

Then, go ahead and install the update for 6.3.5. You should also quit Firefox, then reopen it after the update has been installed. If you still have trouble after the update, please reboot your Mac, then open Firefox and try again. Please let us know how it all goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.