My browser is telling me to Compare a code to the one shown in 1Password. Where in 1Password?

rMarkD
rMarkD
Community Member

After installing the last update, the browser shows a code and asks me to compare it to the one in 1Password, but I can't see any code in the app. Also, there is no button or anything so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do after I compare it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My browser is telling me to Compare a code to the one shown in 1Password. Where in 1Password?

Comments

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member

I had the same problem. Took me a while to find it, with help from an internet search. You have to open 1P from the toolbar. I never use 1P from the toolbar, so it was not obvious to me. Clearly not a well-thought out implementation ...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53682537/Code.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pomme4moi, @rMarkD: Sorry for the confusion! Indeed, if you've modified the menu bar icon to hide it, you might not see the popup. But if you don't want to see 1Password in the menu bar, a better approach is to disable that feature in 1Password Preferences General. Then the code will be displayed in a separate window. I hope this helps! :)

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member

Thanks brenty. Just FYI that I did not modify the menu bar icon to hide it. It's there, and I see it. I just never use it. I always launch 1P from the Mac dock. Maybe I'm the only user who does that. But assuming that all users launch 1P from the menubar icon might be what led to the confusion ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pomme4moi: Not at all. So long as the menu bar icon is enabled, that's where 1Password will display the code. If you disable it, it will display in a separate window. If we wanted to depend on the menu bar icon, we'd probably not have an option to disable it. Cheers! :)

• Lovage
    Lovage
    Community Member

I am having a different issue specified from the given solution. I see the menu bar icon, but when I click on it, the passcode isn't being displayed, just the usual menu items housed in the icon. I have quit and relaunched the 1password in the menu. I have restarted the browser. I have restarted my computer. Therefore, I have tried everything suggested and still am having trouble. Please help!

• sanjit
    sanjit
    Community Member

Same here.

• Lovage
    Lovage
    Community Member

@sanjit Hey! I figured it out. If you are on a Mac and are getting a "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper crashing" message, the following thread may help you.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70876/problem-with-1password-2bua8c4s2c-com-agilebits-onepassword4-helper-crashing-browser-validation#latest

It has to do with the font Courier being enabled. When I checked my Font Book, my Courier was disabled. Enabling it worked for me! After that, I refreshed the authorization page in my browser and the 1password in the menu bar showed the authorization code.

Good Luck!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lovage

I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner. Thank you very much for sharing this solution with us and with Sanjit. I'm very sorry about all the trouble with the new authentication feature, but I'm glad to hear that you've got it sort it out. I'm very sorry for the trouble, thank you ver much for your patience! :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sanjit

I'm wondering if Lovage's advice was of any help, please let us know if 1Password is working well for you or if there's anything else we an do to help you :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Also make sure you're using the latest 1Password extension. If not, the new mutual authentication security feature won't work. Let us know how it turns out! :)

• robertrl
    robertrl
    Community Member

ok... no, I'm having the same problem. 1st it took me a week of ignoring the add the extension reminder that would never go away despite pressing cancel, now I''ve got some authorization code and nothing shows up in my finder bar under 1password... it's just the regular stuff, no authorization number. This is really a pain. What do I do?

• robertrl
    robertrl
    Community Member

btw, I have version 6.5.2 of 1Password and version 50.01 of Firefox.

• Hi @robertrl ,

Try this:

Quit 1Password by holding down the control key while selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu.
    Quit your Browser

Then start 1Password.
    Then start your browser.

In a few seconds you should see a web page appear with the code, and a popup window appear with the same code. If none of those come up, click on the 1Password button in the browser's address bar and that should force it.

Please let us know what happens if it doesn't work out.

Regards,
    Kevin

• robertrl
    robertrl
    Community Member

Thank you. That worked! I appreciate your quick help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robertl

I'm glad to hear that it helped! On behalf of Kevin, you're very welcome. I hope that everything goes well with 1Password for you from now on, but if you bump into any trouble, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.