"onepassword4-helper unexpectedly quit" when trying to activate 1password in browser

FrankNeumann
FrankNeumann
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

After installing the most recent update, the new authorization request opens (https://agilebits.com/browsers/auth.html) when launching my browsers (Safari, Chrome). At that time 1password mini quits, relaunches and I receive the message that the onpassword4-helper has quit (see screenshot attached). I've reinstalled 1password, the Safari extension and still no success. I cannot activate 1password for my browsers. Suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Carlo50
    Carlo50
    Community Member

Same issue. In my case I cannot find the "Helper" Can not locate "Help Menu> Restarrt 1Password Helper"

• johnsimons
    johnsimons
    Community Member

Same issue... have updated all version.. Safari does not work.. Chrome does not work either..HELP!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FrankNeumann @Carlo50 and @johnsimons

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with 1Password and the new authentication feature. I would like to ask you to please try restarting your computer and see if that helps. If it doesn't, please make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. If after checking these 2 things you're still having some trouble, please let us know so we can take a further look into it :chuffed:

• Carlo50
    Carlo50
    Community Member

Did it. No change. Compare:
    FAILED ON: Mac OSX with 1P beta and newest Firefox
    SUCCESS ON: Macbook Pro with 1Password, Version 6.3.2 (632001), AgileBits Store and newest Firefox.
    Thoughts?

• HenryCullen
    HenryCullen
    Community Member

I had the same issue OSX 10.12 1PW 6.3.4 and I got it working by enabling all versions of courier font in fontbook.app
    try that.
    the font is needed by 1password mini to display the auth code.

• FrankNeumann
    FrankNeumann
    Community Member

Just installed the latest 1Password Update 6.3.5., which fixed the problem. Thanks!

• johnsimons
    johnsimons
    Community Member

Same.. just installed the latest update 6.3.5... all good!.. Much thanks for acting so rapidly... helps a lot!

• chembro303
    chembro303
    Community Member

whew. 6.3.5 fixes it for me too. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's awesome news, @FrankNeumann, @johnsimons, and @chembro303! I'm really glad to hear the 6.3.5 update solved the problem for you, thanks for getting back to us to confirm that. :)

@Carlo50, we just released 6.3.5, and I think that should solve the problem you described. Please install the update to see if that helps. You might also want to quit your web browser, then reopen it after 1Password 6.3.5 has been installed. If you still have trouble after the update, please reboot your Mac and try again. Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.