Help setting up 1Password on iMac at work (different iCloud account) to sync with personal devices

brownleep
brownleep
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on my 2013 MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12, an iPhone running IOS 10.0.2, and an iPad running the same version of IOS. It has worked very well. Yesterday, I decided to download the app for my work computer (2015 iMac running Sierra 10.12). I knew that I would not be able to use iCloud to sync between all the devices so I switched to dropbox. Apparently, I've done something wrong setting up 1Pasword on the iMac because it doesn't even give me the option to sync under the preferences menu. My IOS devices and MacBook Pro all sync 1Password logins no problem, but I cannot sync the iMac to the others.

Will I need the paid version for all these devices to sync, and does anyone know how to remove 1Password from the iMac to start the setup process all over? If there is a way to get the iMac to sync with my other devices without deleting and reinstalling the app, please let me know. Hopefully, I haven't left off too many pertinent details.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brownleep

I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. There are two things here that we need to sort out :chuffed: First of all, to be able to see the sync option you need to go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". This will let you keep on using 1Password as you always have and set up iCloud or Dropbox sync: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

On the other hand, where did you originally purchased 1Password? On the AppStore or at our AgileBits store? If it was the AppStore then you'll need to download 1Password from there from the same iCloud account you originally purchased. If you can't use the same iCloud account please send us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com with the proof of purchase so we can help you out! If you got 1Password from our Store, then you'll need to activate your license on the new computer. I couldn't find any under the email that you used to join the forums, so if you need it, please send us an email to the address above from the email you used to purchase 1Password originally and we'll send your licenses again :chuffed:

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.