1Password not syncing after Sierra upgrade, version 6.3.4 on Mac, Version 6.4.1 on Android phone.

sfoleey
sfoleey
Community Member

I modified a secure note on Mac, changes are not seen by my Android device.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not syncing after Sierra upgrade, version 6.3.4 on Mac, Version 6.4.1 on Android phone.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sfoleey: I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what sync method were you using previously? Thanks in advance! :)

• sfoleey
    sfoleey
    Community Member

Mac Sierra, 1Password version 6.3.4,
    Android device 1Password Version 6.4.1.
    Android device:
    Model: MotoX Pure Edition
    Android version 6.0
    Android security patch level May 1, 2016
    Baseband Version: M8992_1255331.29.01.88.02R SUPER_NA
    Kernel Version: 3.10.84-perf.g329ac5f
    hudsoncm@ilclb53 #1
    Thursday Apr 21 00:11:23 CDT 2016
    System Version: 24221.4.clark.retus.en.US.retus
    Build number: MPHS24.49-18-4

Using DropBox for sharing, worked great before upgrade with automatic sync.

If I make a change to a secure note (or login information) on my Mac, the change is not reflected on my Android device. Also if I make a change to a secure not on my Android device, the change is not reflected on my Mac. Seems like sync is not working. There were no changes (by me) to DropBox. I love this app, please help me fix what ever is broken.
    Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
    --Scott

• sfoleey
    sfoleey
    Community Member

Mac OS X 10.12

1Password version 6.3.4 downloaded from App store

1Password on Android device downloaded from Playstore

• sfoleey
    sfoleey
    Community Member

Mac 1Password browser extension 4.6.1

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sfoleey

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with syncing your 1Password data. I would like to ask you to please take a look at this troubleshooting guide and see if anything there helps you. It will also guide you through some of the basic problems and also shed some light and helps us go forward in case we need to do some more work in it :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out after going through the guide!

• sfoleey
    sfoleey
    Community Member

Why bother asking for all the detailed information just to tell me to read the trouble shooting guide? Remember that the app was working perfectly until the upgrade. Is that it for support?

• sfoleey
    sfoleey
    Community Member

Found these errors in 1Password helper log file, not sure what these logs mean.

Thu Oct 20 17:54:46 2016| 634000 [CRYPTO:(Main Thread):] E decryptDataWithReader:writer:error: | Decryption failed, bad HMAC
    Thu Oct 20 17:54:46 2016| 634000 [CRYPTO:(Main Thread):] E decrypt: | Decryption failed: Error Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=506 "Decryption failed, bad HMAC" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Decryption failed, bad HMAC}
    Thu Oct 20 17:54:46 2016| 634000 [SYNC:(Main Thread):OPProfileRemotePasswordUnlock] E changePasswordInProfile:afterUnlockingKeychainSyncSourceWithSettings:password: | Failed to load keychain profile: (null)
    Thu Oct 20 17:54:46 2016| 634000 [CRYPTO:(Main Thread):] E decryptDataWithReader:writer:error: | Decryption failed, bad HMAC
    Thu Oct 20 17:54:46 2016| 634000 [CRYPTO:(Main Thread):] E decrypt: | Decryption failed: Error Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=506 "Decryption failed, bad HMAC" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Decryption failed, bad HMAC}

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@sfoleey: Sorry for the confusion! I'm actually the one who asked you for the version and sync information originally. As you can imagine, it's impossible to suggest next steps on troubleshooting a sync issue otherwise. For all I knew, you could have been trying to use WLAN Server to sync between two computers (which is not possible). So I didn't want to suggest anything based on guesswork or assumptions, as that could make things worse.

The Dropbox troubleshooting guide Pilar linked would have been my suggestion as well, since it will walk you through verifying your setup step by step to either resolve the issue or, at the very least, determine where the problem lies. We don't have access to your devices or your data, so this isn't something we can determine for you.

Were you able to follow the guide? Generally one of the most important points is part of Step 2:

If you have more than one vault, make sure all your devices are syncing the right one. (On Android, you can only sync one vault.)

After all, each device may be syncing successfully — with a different vault. If that's the case, we can walk you through correcting that, but we'll need more information.

This is where the last part comes in: Get More Help. This will walk you through sending us diagnostic information that can shed some light on what's going wrong with sync so we can help right it. So if you've completed the other steps in the troubleshooting guide, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. We'll get this sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.