i cloud session expired????

Sallybet
Sallybet
Community Member

I keep getting this message that my icloud session has expired and I need to sign into icloud again - so I do with my apple password - it never completes the sign in. What is going on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sallybet: I'm sorry for the trouble! Are you syncing with iCloud? It isn't clear when and why this is triggered, but it is occasionally necessary to re-authenticate.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. But you may be able to resolve the issue simply by restarting your Mac. Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• Sallybet
    Sallybet
    Community Member

OK - Mac is 10.10.5 - 1 password is 6.3.4 - tried to put a screen shot in - it says iCloud Session Expired - need to sign in with Apple ID -
    so I click OK and get a sign in box - I make sure Apple ID is correct and click the arrow - the ring spins and spins and then I get a gateway timeout page.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sallybet

Thank you for the additional details. Can you please try going to Preferences in 1Password and then Sync, then turn change Sync to "None", completely quit 1Password and then setup iCloud sync again following these steps? If this doesn't work, can you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps?

If after trying these things you're still having some trouble please let us know so we can dig a bit deeper :chuffed:

• Sallybet
    Sallybet
    Community Member

Well first I figured out I didn't have an actual account - I was just using it on my mac I guess. So now I have an account. I will try syncing again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for following up! It sounds like you should be all set once you're able to login to your Apple ID, but be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.