Slow unlock

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 6.0.2 hangs after entering master password.

Comments

• gothick
    gothick
    Community Member

I'm also experiencing this problem occasionally (type password, hit Enter, 1Password hangs at the unlock screen for 20-30 seconds, then does nothing. Everything works okay on re-trying.) Reinstalling both 1Password and the browser extension doesn't seem to have helped. Any chance there's been more light shed on this issue since it was first raised? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gothick: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a new discussion since the other thread was regarding a much older version of 1Password for Mac, which has since been updated to resolve those unlock issues.

That is to say, while we've made a lot of improvements in 1Password itself to avoid these kinds of delays, certainly things can still slow down depending on the system configuration. Please do the following:

1. Remove the 1Password extension from your browser(s)
    2. Close your browser(s)
    3. Update 1Password
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install the latest version of the 1Password browser extension(s)

I hope that helps. But if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be generate a diagnostic report immediately after encountering the slow unlock problem and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• gothick
    gothick
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. The problem happens a couple of times a week, so it might be a while before I get back to you. I've downloaded the troubleshooting utility so it's ready to run, reinstalled the extension and checked I'm on the latest (Mac App Store) version of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gothick: Great! But, to be honest, I think we'll both be happy if it never happens to you again! If it does though, be sure to let us know. And even if it doesn't, we're happy to hear from you if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.